Staff Program Manager, R&D at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Staff Program Manager to lead the execution across our most important strategic priorities across Product and Engineering. In this role, you’ll also drive the product life cycle for all of product & engineering from Ideation to development to launch. This role is very cross-functional across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success Ops, Technical Documentation, CS, Finance, Legal and the executive team. We are looking for a leader who owns designing and implementing new processes as we continue to grow and evolve. This work directly impacts our mission in creating a fairer future – come to help us change the world!
- Iterating on and maintaining the product and development lifecycle
- Driving biweekly status updates and achieving development milestones across all R&D
- Managing dependencies both within the department and across the company
- Facilitating the end to end product lifecycle from Discovery to Launch. Collaborating with cross functional partners from Sales to Product Marketing
- Owning the annual and quarterly planning processes for the Product and Engineering organization
- Technical knowledge to understand and participate in trade-off discussions
What you bring:
- 10+ years in a program management role
- Exceptional project management, organization, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with large complex projects on web-scale and a track record of impact
- Deep technical understanding of software platforms at scale. Ability to work with engineerings on complex technical projects
- Strong grasp of lean and agile methodologies
- A mix of both startup and enterprise software development experience
- Ability to design new programs, processes, drive alignment and change management
- Experience working with customer-facing teams to prioritize product and development efforts
- Worked at a fast-growing startup
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Engineering or experience in a related field
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.