Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager at Outrider, you will work with leaders across systems, software, hardware, product, field operations, and safety to create both long-term road maps and near-term tactical schedules. You will organize the efforts of the development teams to align with the goals of the company and regularly report on the progress of those efforts across the company. You will need to be ready to quickly reorganize priorities and shift the focus of individuals to meet the changing expectations of the company. In the Technical Program Manager role, you need the ability to recognize inefficiencies and to create processes to address them. You need to be able to listen carefully and learn from engineers of many disciplines what their issues are and calculate how you can best serve them. Being self-directed and having a strong work ethic will be critical in this role. This opportunity offers a talented technology executive the chance to help develop a market-defining enterprise product that combines autonomous vehicle technology with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model.
Duties & responsibilities
- Responsible for prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management, and tracking of external commitments
- Proactively identify and remove engineering risks and roadblocks by working nimbly across teams
- Ensure every team and engineer understands what they need to deliver at all times
- Organize and run high level program status meetings
- Consistently document decisions and communicate them to affected teams
- Create templates, workflows, and processes that are lightweight and exactly suited to the needs of the team
- Quickly identify schedule risks and communicate possible mitigations
- Ability to govern and run change management discussions with technical teams
- Constantly triage and prioritize the work requested of you and the teams you support
- Build and manage budgets
- Be comfortable in settings ranging from technical discussions with engineers to presenting to executives
- Commit to travel and field visits, depending on customer locations (up to 20%)
- While this is an accurate reflection of the position, Outrider reserves the right to require additional/different tasks to be performed as needed
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or equivalent professional exposure
- 10 years of industry or equivalent experience
- 5 years of work in engineering program management in hardware and software
- Expertise with tools used for issue tracking, documentation, and resource scheduling
- Agile methodology experience
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated analytical and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in automotive, robotics, or manufacturing industries a plus
- Understanding of both hardware and software development and experience shipping a system solution in a timely manner.
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $134,000 - $160,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.