Sr Systems Engineer
Please review the job details below.
An Enterprise Solution Engineer reports into the portfolio management organization and provides technical leadership and execution ownership throughout a program or project. This role is responsible for designing and engineering solutions that have a direct impact on efficiency, cost, revenue and innovation for the company. A successful candidate in this role is a solutions-focused leader who is able to ensure a product or capability is enabled on schedule in a way that is compatible with or complimentary to existing capabilities. As our systems span multiple areas of expertise, this role requires extensive collaboration and clear communication, both written and verbal. The scope of deliverables includes: solution design, initiative planning/readiness including MVP identification and costing inputs, dependency management, and oversight of successful implementation or product roll out.
The role is technical in nature and focused on delivering business value. The role gathers and manages internal customer requirements as part of the collaboration with market-facing and operations team members. The role collaborates closely with many stakeholder groups (functional leads, architects, SMEs, development teams, product management, etc.) with varied expertise, and varied organizational levels to define work plans and dependencies and to keep teams apprised of progress.
The role is responsible for end-to-end development and delivery of solutions that meet evolving business needs. This includes specification of the service offerings, customer and operator interactions and the development of those services for delivery. The following is expected:
- Provide life-cycle continuity and end-to-end ownership of a technical solution
- Coordinate with Agile Release Trains to create work packages and schedule work
- Facilitate technical solution design working sessions with enterprise architects and domain architects to create common understanding of goals and constraints
- Work with business stakeholders to identify and define business requirements and decompose into technical requirements, including functional and non-functional requirements
- Align solution understanding between business, delivery, and operations organizations and provide technical recommendations for a variety of real world challenges
- Leverages stakeholder relationships and technical expertise to enable or make key decisions
- Identify strategic milestones in concert with business and/or mission stakeholders and tie work packages to milestones
- Work with business stakeholders to align on scope and obtain buy-in that technical features meet business objectives
- Work with development teams to ensure understand of business requirements so that they are well positioned to deliver the appropriate business value
- Coordinate with domain architects and development teams to write and groom features and develop the detailed design; sign off on features
- Coordinate with test and evaluation teams to align on appropriate level of end-to-end testing, and sign off on end-to-end test plan
- 5-10+ years’ working experience, with at least 2 years’ experience in a relevant industry
- Prior experience with Product Development in a complex technical environment
- United States Citizenship
- Previous experience in classified environments is a plus
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Sales and customer order management experience
- Online customer interfaces, architecture and approaches
- Ability to pursue and resolve issues independently
- Ability to prioritize and assess impacts of issues to other resources
- Problem solver with sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent collaboration skills; high-energy attitude
- Familiarity with software development practices and various methodologies (Scaled Agile Framework preferred: SAFe, and Waterfall experience is beneficial as well)
- Familiarity with systems engineering and design processes
- Demonstrated proficiency in service oriented architectures and distributed systems
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.