Sr Strategy Director, Integrated Payments at FIS
Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
Worldpay's growth is one attributed not only to our first-in-class products and services, but also our ability to find new avenues of opportunity. This sense of discovery is thanks to the innovative and visionary work of our Marketing team; a team that leaves no stone unturned in seeking out and exploring new channels for Worldpay. When we are proactive and beating the trends in our marketing strategy, we stay ahead of the competition and assure continued growth and success at Worldpay.
Key Purpose of the Role:
This Sr Srategy Director,Integrated Payments is responsible for business unit strategy that generates lasting competitive advantages and enables Worldpay Integrated Payments to achieve near, and long-term, commercial results.
As part of the role, they are responsible for developing a 3-year vision and strategy for Integrated Payments that aligns with our overall Corporate Strategy.
The role works closely with the Customer and Market Intelligence team within Marketing to obtain a superior understanding of both the software and integrated payments market globally (customers, competitors, products). They will drive market analysis, merchant / partner segmentation / targeting that is critical to defining our strategy. In addition, the role works closely with both corporate and business M&A to identify and attract attractive targets that could help accelerate the business.
The Sr Strategy Director, Integrated Payments takes complex business problems and issues to task by analyzing internal and external data sources to draw new insights. With an analytical mind and pragmatic approach to data, he/she will identify emerging trends in the market to make recommendations for new approaches. The datasets he/she creates and utilizes will be used for strategic planning and forecasting for the business, giving this person an active role in the way Worldpay does business.
When we are analytical in our evaluation of competitive market as well as our internal structures, Worldpay can continue to improve how we do business.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
- Lead business unit strategy, which aligns to our corporate and financial strategy and objectives
- Lead the LoB in the development of customer and partner segments (e.g. value, needs) and determines the target market
- Commission and brief research and analysis from external experts and the Customer and Market Intelligence team in order to gain deep insights into customer attitudes and behaviors, and provide clear understanding of competitors and competitor products
- Provides a superior understanding of both the software and integrated payments market to a wide variety of stakeholders (Sales, Product, Marketing etc.)
- Understands key target verticals in terms of software dynamics, payments capabilities and competitive dynamics required to win
- Plans, manages and controls the activities of a team or teams of analysts that provides business intelligence and strategic planning support for business segments or the company at large.
- Leads initiatives to analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources.
- Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret and produce recommendations and plans based on company and external data analysis.
- Advises business leaders by providing data-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities.
- Ensures that policies and procedures align with corporate vision.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans; delegates assignments to Strategy Analysts.
- Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation. Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments.
- Must have corporate strategy, business development or management consulting experience
- At least one year working in point-of-sale software, payments or relevant industries
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA strongly preferred
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.