Sr. Software Implementation Specialist - Remote at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS Protegent - Complete Solutions for Equities Traders and Compliance Officers. FIS Protegent's compliance, surveillance and supervision solutions empower compliance officers with greater visibility into potential risk factors and streamlined process automation, all while increasing regulatory transparency. From employee personal trade monitoring and registered representative surveillance/suitability testing, to AML and Reg NMS requirements, FIS Protegent provides a comprehensive suite of solutions to both buy and sell side firms.
What you will be doing
As an FIS Sr. Software Implementation Engineer Specialist, you will be more than just a programmer. You will use your technical skills and analytical abilities to solve product implementation problems for our Protegent clients. Your resourceful ability to shift, multi-task, learn new technologies quickly, figure out new solutions to unexpected problems, communicate effectively with teammates and clients, as well as thrive in a self-sufficient environment, will be your keys to success.
- Interface with clients regarding professional services development projects and the debugging of our code base while managing expectations and communicating project status
- Develop product customizations and integrations and perform technical implementation tasks
- Assess customer needs to develop and configure the software
- Participate in data analysis, mapping, and configuration meetings
- Communicate status internally, to the project team, and externally with the customer
- You will need the flexibility to occasionally travel to client sites
What you bring
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.Masters degrees are preferred.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 5+ years of professional work experience interfacing with clients performing technical implementations
- Must be proficient with C#
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interest in applying technical solutions in a business driven environment
- Process-oriented, multi-tasker, and an analytical thinker who enjoys the challenge of solving unexpected problems and motivated to develop new solutions with minimal direction
- Experience with one of the following databases (including the ability to write SQL queries to create, retrieve and update data): SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Sybase
A plus if you have any of the following experience:
- Compliance or Financial Services industry experience
- Order Management System (OMS) knowledge and experience
- Trade Cycle work flow experience (including Pre-Trade, Trade Execution (both buy and sell side) and Post-Trade)
- Consolidated Audit Trail regulatory compliance skillset
- Experience in implementing software solutions
- Experience with large data solutions
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.