Sr. Scrum Master
The Senior Scrum Master role is an Agile team member who spends much of their time helping other team members communicate, coordinate, and cooperate; generally, this person assists the team in meeting their delivery goals. The Senior Scrum Master is a servant leader who helps to identify and implement the right Agile framework and supports enables teams to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective Agile practices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Mentors others in Agile leadership– Mentors Scrum Masters and other in the organization in the adoption of Agile principles, and models the behaviors of an Agile Leader with an Agile Mindset.
- Contributes to scaling Agile across teams and the organization – Is knowledgeable in multiple Agile frameworks, how they are applied and can help guide an organization in scaling Agile.
- Change leader – Is a skilled change leader that can help guide new teams and contributes to organizational change efforts including Agile transformation.
- Works with multiple teams- The Senior Scrum Master has impeccable time management skills and can work with multiple Scrum Teams.
- Applies Agile principles outside of software development- Knows how and when Agile principles and ceremonies can be used in situations outside of software development to help other departments and/or the organization. The Senior Scrum Master is a boundary-spanner and evangelist of Agile in the organization.
- Supports the team rules– The rules of an Agile Team are lightweight, but they are rules nonetheless, and the Senior Scrum Master is responsible for reinforcing them. These may include the rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices, Work in Process (WIP) limits, and any other process rules the team has agreed on.
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals– The Senior Scrum Master is trained as a team facilitator and is continuously engaged in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity.
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement– Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitates the team retrospective. Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
- Facilitates meetings– Facilitates all team meetings, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective by applying tools, techniques and processes in support of high performance.
- Supports the Product Owner/Manager– The Senior Scrum Master helps the Product Owner/Manager as a member of the team in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Eliminates impediments– Many blocking issues will be beyond the team’s authority or may require support from other teams. The Senior Scrum Master actively addresses these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Iteration.
- Promotes quality practices– Provides guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done (DoD). The Senior Scrum Master helps foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile teams.
- Builds a high-performing team– Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Helps the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalates people problems to management where necessary, but only after internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue; helps individuals and teams through personnel changes.
- Protects and communicates– Communicates with management and outside stakeholders; helps protect the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for program events– Assists the team in preparation for program activities, including Quarterly Planning, and Demos.
- Supports estimating– Guides the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate Features and Capabilities.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 7 years experience as a Scrum Master or IT project manager for software development teams
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency
- Leadership skills and experience
- Advanced certification PSM II/A-CSM/CSP-SM or comparable
- SAFe experience or certification
- Experience with Agile transformations and rapid growth companies
Robust. Agile. Collaborative. And you should see our software. Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts and mitigating risk. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard--and expectations--for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
Convercent is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.