Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Marc Andreesen quipped in 2011, “Software is eating the world,” and Agile management is at the center of the feeding frenzy, spreading far beyond its origins in software development to the auto industry, routers, chip manufacturing, groceries, and retail.
At CA Technologies’ R&D Innovation Center in Boulder, Colorado we build products like CA Agile Central, formerly known as Rally, that enable companies to morph from slow-moving bureaucracies into places where trust, innovation, and rapid response to changing customer demands are the norm.
We think that radically transforming the way software is built and delivered is pretty exciting stuff, and we are looking for a Senior Scrum Master who wants to join the fun.
At its core, the Senior Scrum Master is a servant leader who facilitates and supports our Agile teams in delivering high-value solutions to our customers. In this role, you will facilitate our cross-functional teams in all aspects of our agile process including team-based ceremonies such as sprint planning, demos, retros, and the daily standup. In addition, you will support program level ceremonies such as quarterly release planning, release retros, and the SoS. You will be an integral member of our agile teams, an expert in Agile and Scrum, and you will own and remove blockers for your team to help ensure the team is able to meet commitments.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Facilitating effective and efficient meetings including Agile/Scrum ceremonies
- Removing impediments for teams
- Maintaining transparency into the team’s work through metrics
- Being a servant leader to each team member and supporting the removal of blockers
- Engaging multiple roles and stakeholders in critical discussions and consensus building
- Coaching and supporting continuous improvement within the team
- Coaching and training teams on Agile practices and values
- Helping identify and mitigate any external dependency risks in feature/product development
- Coordinating with other Scrum Masters and their teams on deliverables
What You Bring to the Table:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a software development or delivery organization
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a full-time Scrum Master
- A thorough understanding of Scrum and Agile principles, values, and practices
- Experience working with leading-edge engineering practices (e.g. DevOps, CI / CD, automation)
- Experience working in an environment utilizing current and leading-edge technologies (e.g. SaaS, Enterprise Web Applications, etc.) preferred
- A Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) is a definite plusExperience in a Scaled Agile environment a plus
- BS in Engineering or related discipline strongly desired
Skills of a Great Scrum Master:
Servant leader – You empower the team & are willing to work with your team to get things done
Communicative and social – You communicate effectively and respectfully
Facilitative – You lead & demonstrate value-add principles to a team while keeping things moving in the right direction and creating actionable outcomes
Assertive – You ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, and must be able to be a voice of reason around Agile expertise
Situationally aware – You are the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them
Enthusiastic – You are passionate and high-energy
Continual improvement – You continually grow through learning new tools and techniques
Conflict resolution – You are able to facilitate discussions and explore alternatives
Attitude of empowerment – You lead teams to self-organization to help them make the tough calls through consensus-driven decision making
Attitude of transparency – You bring disclosure & transparency to the business, fostering trust
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.