Sr. Project Manager at Vertafore
Vertafore is always looking for dynamic and passionate people to join our team! We have recently added new career opportunities for an Sr. Project Manager to our Development team. A Sr. Project Manager provides project management, software implementation expertise, insurance business and product knowledge to complex, strategic enterprise projects simultaneously, while delivering superior quality and value to our stakeholders.
As a Sr. Project Manager within our Development organization you will be executing on company initiatives and projects for our stakeholders. You will manage all components of the software implementation process of varying complexity. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, third-party partners and consultants. You as the Sr. Project Manager are responsible and accountable for the delivery of our products to our stakeholders, you will act as the liaison between stakeholders and internal teams, communicate project deliverables at all levels, and make sure items are executed on time and according to budget while ensuring outstanding satisfaction and results.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· You are experienced developing, defining and executing project plans and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
· You excel at managing stakeholder expectations to successfully deliver project
· You're excited about being the primary contact from project inception thru project completion
· You monitor schedule and cost performance throughout the life of the project
· You monitor project budget vs. actual and forecast resource requirements and project revenues and expenses
· You have demonstrated an ability to proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues/risks and devise contingency plans. Can demonstrate the ability to recognize risk and develop a mitigation plan
· You develop and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation and presentations
· You effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
· You delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personal
· You can manage multiple types of software implementations
· You are empathetic and "read" people and situations well. You understand that helping stakeholders meet their business goals is critical to success. You are excellent at setting expectations and careful to deliver on your promises
· You adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment
· You can mentor junior project managers with their projects as needed
· You have a proven track record of building relationships with key managers and stakeholders
· You are experienced and can handle difficult and escalated situations with minimal leadership involvement
· Detail oriented; demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy. Excellent planning, problem solving and organizational skills
· Experience in SaaS Software company required
· Persuasive, encouraging and motivating with a positive attitude
· You must have experience working through Enterprise level software deployments and shipping of software products
· Proven track record for getting results by building strong relationships and partnerships, both with outside vendors and internal staff. You promote accountability, foster trust. and are responsive to concerns or questions
· Proficient with MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
· Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
· Excellent presentation, written and verbal, communication skills: demonstrated ability to present to groups, clients, and executives
· Prior project management or consulting experience implementing business software desired
· Insurance industry experience preferred
· 5+ years of project management experience
· Experience working through software deployments
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
· PMP or PMI Certification (desired but not required)
· End-user experience with Insurance Software Systems is highly desirable
· ChangePoint, MS Project or SmartSheet is a plus
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 25% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.