Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for developing detailed vehicle deployment plans, managing the successful deployment of our vehicle system at customer sites and working with Fortune-500 customers to ensure safe and error-free vehicle system rollouts.
We’re searching for a motivated, analytical and process-driven technical project manager and customer champion who can spearhead customer engagements from start to completion. The Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for planning, budgeting, overseeing and documenting all aspects of the project. The Sr. Project Manager will report to the VP of Autonomous Vehicle Operations to make sure the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, budget, as well as coordinate resources from other functional areas.
You will be responsible for product implementations, as well as driving the successful deployment of self-driving, zero-emission vehicle systems at scale.
Duties and responsibilities
- Independent and self-motivated, able to create structure and direction out of ambiguity
- Enhance and improve deployment processes for long term scalability and efficiency
- Accountable for all aspects of the projects including the planning, coordination, and oversight of vehicle system rollouts and project team from start to completion
- Constant review of vehicle deployment projects to identify outstanding achievements, customer successes, pain points and recurring problems
- Manage customer expectations and drive exceptional customer service across a cross functional teamTrack and manage customer KPIs and provide weekly/monthly reports to customer and Outrider management
- Regular interactions with technical teams to identify dependencies and ensure alignment between the content and timing of team deliverables
- Participate in improving the integration of the vehicle deployment activity with Outrider’s product development cycles.
- Identify gaps in communication and opportunities for process improvements
- Ensure smooth implementation of autonomous vehicles as well as a high degree of engagement with software-as-a-service functionality
- Manage project deployment teams and multiple projects across country
- Utilize project management tools to provide a clear and accurate schedule
- Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
- Ability for frequent travel at times, as well as working at customer locations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong leadership skills, with a capability to organize daily tasks
- Superb organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and triaging skills
- Experience with client facing projects
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Capacity to create structure and direction out of ambiguity
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to organize and coordinate complex projects with highly demanding customers and short timelines
- Experience in managing budgets, project plans, resource allocations, and experience leading geographically distributed teams
- Proactive and take initiative on new ideas and approaches
- 5-7 years’ experience in trucking/shipping, supply chain, or manufacturing operations (familiarity with trailer yards and intermodal/distribution center environments a plus)
- 5-7 years’ of client facing technical project management experience (Autonomous Vehicles, Automation, WMS/YMS, AGV and robotics a plus)
- Project Management certification, Certified Scrum Master (SCM), or equivalent
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $113,000 - $140,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.