Sr. Program Manager at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:46 a.m. (MST) on Sunday, January 24, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
Boom Supersonic is seeking a Program Manager with an extensive background in aircraft design, test, and certification of commercial aircraft. The candidate will support the programmatic aspects (cost, schedule and performance) of the development, certification and fabrication of Boom’s new 55 seat passenger supersonic aircraft. The Program Manager initially reports to the Head of Programs and Operations. As the program evolves it is anticipated that the program requirements and responsibility will expand, and the candidate will lead the Program Management function for the development program.
- Develop and monitor fidelity of the program baseline including definition of tasks, program budgets and financial models, and program schedules across multiple disciplines and areas of the business.
- Working closely with Engineering, the candidate is responsible for program leadership, direction, and guidance that ensures successful execution of the program in accordance with the budget, schedule, and technical/certification requirements.
- Work with key Tier 1 suppliers to manage overall program schedule and roadmap.
- Work with leadership to shape and document the technology roadmap for the airplane.
- Work with Sales and Engineering to identify customer requirements for design and development and implement requirements management processes to ensure requirement validation and verification is accurate.
- Work with the organization to define, secure, and organize resources, standards, processes, procedures, and tools essential for the successful completion of the program.
- Develop and practice good internal/external communication systems with meaningful metrics and controls.
- Be the primary interface internally and externally on related subjects.
- Ensure that program requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are communicated and flowed-down to the internal team and partners/suppliers.
- Aid in resolving conflicts, demands, and priorities on assigned programs.
- Work unplanned program issues to a best solution, including development of plans-forward, escalation and increased resources, as required.
- Communicate program status to senior leadership.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the business, and with external partners/suppliers.
- Travel is required, up to 15%.
- 8+ years of program related experience including design, integration, production, test, and management of airplane or space programs.
- A self-starter, with the ability to deal with ambiguity and understand the big picture of a program of this nature as well as technical, budget, and schedule issues at the detail level.
- Agile employee, move quickly and manage workload effectively.
- Experience in procurement management activities for aerospace systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding customers, difficult schedules, and technically challenging projects.
- Thorough understanding of program management practices including: planning and budgeting, schedule development, change control, risk and opportunity management, and communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS/BA degree in a related field - preferably in engineering, business, or math.
- MBA strongly desired.
- PMP strongly desired.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description