Sr Client Services Manager/Implementation Project Manager at Markit Digital
The Client Services Manager / Project Manager manages all aspects of the software's implementation lifecycle including: solution definition, requirements gathering, detailed design, software development and configuration, testing and deployment. This position requires strong customer facing skills to manage delivery resources and to provide value added consulting services while managing customer engagements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with customers and partners to develop solutions using Axxis products and services offerings to accomplish their objectives
- Build well-structured project plans that align with the contracted scope of work
- Manage project financials using company defined procedures and tools
- Schedule and facilitate project status meetings
- Develop and maintain documentation that effectively communicates project status
- Set and manage client expectations throughout the project
- Facilitate working sessions and meetings required to drive requirement, communicate status and/or resolve project issues
- Provide direction to project resources (internal and external), monitor development efforts, assemble key project deliverables, mitigate risk, and drive issue resolution
- Exhibit excellent communication and leadership skills to establish a common understanding of project timelines, milestones, and delivery expectation
- Motivate and build teams who are dedicated to project delivery
- Escalates issues when needed for timely resolution
- Acquire Axxis product knowledge to deliver customer implementations successfully
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Project Management, and/or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of software implementation experience and/or consulting experience in applying technology to meet customer needs
- 7+ years of project management experience (externally facing)
- Hands-on self-starter with a proven track record of success
- Analytical problem-solving skills (Consulting ability)
- Ability to manage customer expectations in complex situations as well as align with best practices
- Full software implementation life cycle or development experience that include COTS or custom developed solutions
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Solid team player with a positive attitude and a record of consistently meeting commitments and assigned tasks
- Demonstrated ability to make satisfied customers a priority; polite and courteous to all and able to handle difficult customers with respect
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and subject matter experts to take ideas from concept through implementation
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Downstream petroleum industry experience
- Accounting experience a plus (Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable, QuickBooks)
- ERP / back office software knowledge (JDE, SAP, Oracle)
- IT Network, Windows, MS Suite, SQL
- Agile Software Development
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.