Squad Lead at Reserve Trust
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:49 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
About the Team:
Reserve Trust is the first fintech trust company with a Federal Reserve master account. We provide B2B payments services that financial institutions and fintech’s have previously only been able to obtain from correspondent and sponsor banks. Unconstrained by legacy banking systems, the company is actively building new services, APIs, and payment rails to support embedded and real time payments for any fintech service or software platform. Headquartered in Colorado, the company is backed by some of the world’s best financial technology investors including QED and Fintech Collective.
Our Company Values:
Trust, Curiosity, Drive and Collaboration
Our Company Culture:
As a member of the Reserve Trust team, you are expected to contribute your talents and energies to conducting our business and improving the culture and quality of Reserve Trust. We value teamwork and collaboration within your department and cross functionally. We encourage knowledge sharing and challenging the norm. We value each other thru active appreciation and recognition. Bring your best practices to the table to help us build a world class, leading payments platform that continuously pushes the envelope in customer service. We want you to be the best version of yourself with us!
How You Fit In:
Squad are responsible for the overall delivery of value in a cross-functional agile engineering team of 5-10 individuals. This means collaborating with product management and architects to understand product requirements and vision and distill those requirements into work items the team will deliver. They are technical leaders who are passionate about delivering world class products with industry-standard quality practices. They demonstrate a passion for high quality software, strong Engineering principles and methodical problem-solving skills.
This role reports to the Agile Delivery Manager and will partner and collaborate with Product, Compliance and Operations Departments ensuring the successful build and operation of our new platform to scale.
This role is fully remote, and you can work from anywhere in the US.
What You’ll Do:
· Interface with product management and architects to understand product requirements and vision.
· Create and refine work items and acceptance criteria that the team will deliver.
· Lead team to develop and commit to iterative objectives
· Maintain the team backlog through execution
· Provide regular updates on squad progress, escalating issues when needed.
· Lead team to estimate size and complexity of work.
· Communicate progress and surface impediments.
· Apply continuous improvement practices at the team level.
· Facilitate team events such as stand-ups, demos, sprint planning, etc.
· Create a sense of psychological safety on their team.
· Recommend improvements into overall best practices, design, testability and quality and productivity.
· Give clear, timely, and actionable feedback.
· Computer Science education or equivalent experience
· Technical background in software development
· Experience leading engineering teams
· Experience with taking product requirements and breaking them down into work
· Collaborative team spirit with great communication skills
· Able to share our values, and work in accordance with those values
· Communicates effectively
· Cultivates innovation
· Tech savvy
· Business insight
What's In It for You:
· Competitive Salary
· Stock Options
· 401(k) with company match
· Health, dental, vision and life insurance
· FSA Plans
· Flexible PTO
· Home office stipend
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $150,000–$175,000. Reserve Trust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
The Reserve Trust Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status.
The Reserve Trust Company is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Read Full Job Description