NetApp relies on outsourced/contracted manufacturing services to build our data management products. As a Contract Manufacturing and ODM Partner Manager (CM Commercial Manager) for NetApp, you are an instrumental in the oversight of NetApp’s contract manufacturing and ODM partners overall commercial relationship.
In this role, the CM Commercial Manager will manage the external Contract Manufacturing and ODM suppliers ensuring a strong relationship, while delivering optimal performance. The CM Commercial Manager works with a cross-functional teams including Engineering and other Operations functions during supplier selection and ongoing supplier performance management.
The CM Commercial Manager will collaborate across the organization to drive the Contract Manufacturing and ODM vendor activities included but not limited to:
- Ensure the Contract Manufacturer and ODM sourcing strategy is aligned with NetApp’s objectives of Total Cost of Ownership, Time to Market, Supply Chain Design and Performance, Technology and Innovation, Quality and Compliance.
- Gather and rationalize Netapp’s future technical requirements with those of our existing suppliers and their competitors in the market to support Support ongoing Supply Chain evolution.
- Collaborate across NetApp internal stakeholders to actively manage the performance of the Contract Manufacturing and ODM partners via best practices such as Quarterly Business Reviews, SLAs, KPIs, and Balanced Scorecards to drive continuous improvement.
- Aggressively drive manufacturing cost reduction thru negotiations with Contract Manufacturing and ODM partners, leveraging new product awards to reduce overall rates and total cost of ownership.
- Ensure partners meet or exceed NetApp compliance requirements for contract manufacturers and ODM partners.
- Lead the RFQ/RFP and selection of Contract Manufacturing and ODM partners in accordance with NetApp’s Multi-Year Strategy and in collaboration with Operations, Engineering and Business Organizations – obtaining quotes, examining bids, and making award decisions.
- Act as an escalation path for NetApp Operations functions in the event Contract Manufacturers are not meeting production schedules, NPI, quality, efficiency or supply milestones.
- Negotiating contracts with the Contract Manufacturing and ODM partners to align with NetApp’s business model and objective
- Develop and nurture executive relationships with Contract Manufacturers and ODM partners require to ensure that NetApp needs across Product Development, NPI, Supply Chain Planning, Fulfillment and Sourcing are prioritized within the management chain of partners.
- Coordinate and drive Value Engineering (VE) within the partner-controlled BOM components; i.e. to support second sourcing, PCN, and EOL management
- Design and implement a decision making process, defined accountabilities, and escalation processes between the partners and Netapp.
The ideal candidate will have the following the following characteristics:
- Outstanding soft skills and a proven track record of delivering results through collaboration with other functions like across Operations, Engineering and Product Management to ensure that cross-functional objectives are achieved.
- Ability to manage and balance multiple priorities and projects and execute against committed schedules.
- Solid understanding of the basic areas within manufacturing operations and how they inter-relate, including supply chain architecture, procurement, product costing, supply chain management, quality management, regulatory compliance, sustaining engineering, logistics, BOM structure and its implications, customer fulfillment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, have outstanding active listening skills, a quality focus, and the ability to deal with conflicting opinions.
- Excellent analysis, project management, and reporting capabilities.
- Excellent negotiations and contract experience.
- Can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently.
- Supply Chain Management, Procurement or Engineering equivalent technical degree, advanced degree or MBA is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in operations working with contract manufacturing or account management working for leading contract manufacturers or ODMs.
- Demonstrated track record of innovating and streamlining outsourced manufacturing operations in high technology products into a global supply chain.
- Proven track record of advanced problem solving of complex technical and/or resource.