Solution Technical Lead
Please review the job details below.
A Solutions Technical Lead (STL) reports into Portfolio and Program Management and provides technical leadership and execution ownership throughout a program or project. This role is responsible for designing and engineering solutions that have a direct impact on efficiency, cost, revenue and innovation for the company. A successful candidate in this role is a solutions-focused leader who is able to ensure a product or capability is enabled on schedule in a way that is compatible with or complimentary to existing. As our systems span multiple areas of expertise, this is role requires extensive collaboration and clear communication, both written and verbal. The scope of deliverables includes: solution design, initiative planning/readiness, and oversight of successful implementation or product roll out.
The STL gathers and manages customer requirements as part of collaboration with market facing team members; collaborates closely with Architecture Lead, Domain Architects and other STLs to ensure alignment of customer requirements with development and implementation plans; collaborates closely with functional leads (Domain architects, product owners, subject matter experts) to define work plans and dependencies, responsible for outcome verification, and optimized transition to Operations; keeps end-user/operator apprised of solution and progress. This role is similar to the commonly-titled role Project Engineer and is heavily software- and business-value focused.
- Technical or Engineering Degree required
- Min 5-10 years experience, min 2 years in relevant field
- Ability obtain and maintain TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Familiarity with systems engineering and design processes
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-through
- Demonstrated proficiency in service oriented architectures and distributed systems
- Familiarity with software development practices and various methodologies (Scaled Agile Framework preferred: SAFe, and Waterfall experience is beneficial as well)
- Be able to operate effectively from the business abstract concept level down to the line-of-code and message composition level
- Background in GIS, manufacturing, spacecraft command and control, ground systems infrastructure, or analytics are a plus
- Previous experience in classified environment
- Excellent collaboration skills
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.