Solution Lead - Demand Management
Tendril is a leading provider of energy-focused consumer engagement, energy management, and data analytics solutions across to the utility industry. Our Orchestrated Energy solution is the leading cloud software solution that allows utilities to continuously optimize residential demand. The Solution Lead is responsible for the overall vision, direction and performance of the solution.
Subject Matter Expert - 50%
- Engage with utility executives and employees in sales calls, workshops and conferences
- Support the sales team by understanding utility business needs and regulatory issues
- Encourage the utility industry to shift from a demand response mindset to one of continuous demand management
- Support the sales team in developing winning account strategies and with program designs
- Create or edit supporting material for proposals that addresses specific needs
- Author bylined articles, blog posts and conference presentations
- Up to 30% travel required
Go-To-Market - 50%
- Enhance the long-term thematic vision and voice for Orchestrated Energy
- Develop positioning and packaging for the solution. Assist the marketing team in executing on that positioning
- Develop competitive differentiation and oversee competitive intelligence
- Conduct market intelligence to inform the product roadmap and strategy
- Contribute to pricing, solution KPIs, and strategic projects
- Sit at the center of the organization to bridge communications between market, customers, partners and product development
Experience, Skills and Traits Required
- 5-15 years experience in the energy utility industry, with deep expertise at least one of the following areas:
- Demand response
- System planning
- Energy markets
- Utility business models
- Utility regulation
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred
- Experience with research, strategy and analysis
- Ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly
- Engaging and personable
- Enthusiasm, candor and creativity
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Relevant experience could include work at national labs, think tanks, energy utilities, management consulting, energy software, or similar organizations
Location: Strong preference will be given to employees who are available to work from Tendril’s headquarters in Boulder, CO.
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome
Tendril’s high energy, challenging, fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged, motivated, and well fed.
Work-life balance is a core priority at Tendril. We work hard and we play hard and often the two overlap. Walking meetings along Boulder Creek Path, early morning hikes in the foothills, mountain challenges to climb a fourteener, running the Bolder Boulder, and cutthroat ping-pong tournaments keep us fresh and passionate about Tendril. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor.
Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative paid time off policy with no limit to vacation or personal days;
- A generous stock options plan and a 401(k) plan;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.
About the Tendril Team
Our people make Tendril great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team.
Tendril offers our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a goal of helping the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers. And, we want to be the best place you've ever worked.