Software Project Manager
Join our team and lead the projects that are growing NetApp’s state-of-the-art hyper converged solution. NetApp HCI product group is looking for an experienced Project Manager who excels at delivering high quality and on-time new software product and sustaining releases.
The ideal candidate will excel at collaboration within a cross-functional delivery model to ensure global product readiness. Working with your team, Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Customer Support, as well as External Partners, you will build a fully integrated program schedule and project plans that encompasses all aspects of software releases globally.
As a Project Manager at NetApp, you will bring leadership to the teams delivering products from conception to production, to sustaining all the way to the end-of-life.
· Ability to bridge concept to solution by driving collaboration within the cross-functional team members to develop a fully integrated delivery schedule.
· Familiar with standard phase gate processes and tracking of all program milestones. Create project budget and manage budget spend across the various product teams, developing appropriate metrics.
· Communicates clearly, early and appropriately for project status.
· Effectively lead product team reviews, status read out, resolve program issues, drive decisions around the product release.
· Advance user of Microsoft Project or other relevant project management tools.
· Actively monitor progress against plan to ensure that product quality is maintained throughout the product lifecycle.
· Identify and manage concerns/risks/issues etc. throughout the product release lifecycle and bring these to the attention of Management, as well as providing input to help maintain schedule integrity
· The candidate must be self-driven and have experience managing overlapping product release cycles. Ability to manage overlapping projects that may be in various phases of the product lifecycle
· Detail-oriented but with the ability to look at the overall big picture of multiple product releases.
Qualified candidates must have successfully managed software releases through the SW lifecycle of major releases, as well as patches.
Additional requirements include:
· 5+ years’ experience as a project manager with an emphasis on software or systems products globally.
· Background in software sustaining
· Adept at the use of Microsoft Project or other project management tools
· Strong leadership and analytical skills in combination with excellent written and verbal communication
· Certifications are nice to have – PMP, Project Certificate, etc.
Bachelors or relevant industry experience.