Software Project Manager
Greater Denver Area
Software Project Manager
Travelers Haven seeks an experienced Software Project Manager to join our technology group. Our technology team is focused on continuous delivery of quality product. We have ambitious goals for 2018 and beyond, and you will play a critical and visible role in our success. This is a new role, reporting to the CTO but working directly with stakeholders across every department.
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply if they can commit to being in Denver within four weeks after receiving an offer.
• Project Management for two products: Travelers Haven (https://www.travelershaven.com) and Hotel Engine (https://www.hotelengine.com). These applications serve both employees and clients (B2B, B2C, and B2B2C).
• Manage stakeholder expectations and keep them apprised of new features and bug fixes.
• Participate in the process from product definition to successful deployment.
• Determine realistic project schedules and maintain a living roadmap. Analyze impact of priority shifts.
• Analyze risk and identify critical paths that could impact project success.
How We Work:
• We use the Kanban framework to organize our work, but also do daily standups and biweekly retrospectives.
• We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments. Test results, deployments, and production monitoring alerts are posted to Slack.
• We do our best to exercise personal responsibility, do what we say, and follow our working agreement.
• Excellent soft skills!
• Strong written and verbal communication, including presentation to audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
• 5+ years of professional software project management experience.
• 4+ years of experience working within Agile teams. Kanban experience strongly preferred.
• Solid understanding of how web applications work and current technologies. You do not need a coding background but you should understand how the pieces fit together.
• PMP or PMI-ACP certification preferred.
What we provide:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K and supplemental insurance plan benefits
- Paid gym membership and organic fruit delivery.
- Free parking, free option for secure bike storage.
- Discounted Wireless Service plans
- Company sponsored events, holiday parties, and volunteer opportunities.
- A healthy work/life balance
Read Full Job Description