Software Program Manager at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life
- POSITION SUMMARY:
As a Program Manager you will be responsible for bringing new IVD products through the software product development process. You will drive the adoption of program management and project management tools, including Jira, SmartSheets, Confluence. You will plan and oversee the implementation of agile practices, specifically enabling implementation of Scrum elements. You will orchestrate and lead collaborative planning to define and execute software product development processes to support the Company’s commercial business goals. This role will have responsibility for managing program timelines, identifying key risks and mitigations, and facilitating execution of program goals. As the program lead, you will interact with other departments including R&D, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Manufacturing, Software, Global and Regional Marketing, Customer Support and Finance to ensure that products are successfully launched, and that timelines and performance objectives are met.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Develop integrated software program roadmaps, development and delivery plans.
- Responsible for overall program delivery performance
- Manage the 'big picture'
- Receive input from subject matter experts and line function project managers
- Provide actionable insights into the Program status, progress, risks, and value
- Facilitate transparency and communication cross-functionally
- Champion best practices to ensure that the scope, business case, objectives and success metrics for projects/Programs/Portfolios are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively
- Document key decisions and facilitate information transfer both laterally and vertically for the Software Program
- Facilitate efficient resource allocation within the Software Program
- Identify and raise project delivery issues and risks for mediation, resolution or escalation to the appropriate level on a timely basis
- Report, share and identify opportunities around Program metrics and OKRs
- Improve operations by conducting effective program Inspect & Adapt and continuous improvement sessions
- Foster accountability of cross-functional team leads to resolve project issues and ensure project success
- Ensure that cross-functional team leads have a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities for planning and delivering project, goals, deliverables, and issues
- Support the implementation of standard project and business management processes and tools.
- Review, understanding, and compliance with Intitae HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by Invitae for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- Must have experience leading cross-functional software programs and projects.
- Experience in improving software practices, including implementation of agile methods on software projects
- Minimum of 5 years' of software Program Management experience
- Experience in the diagnostic or pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Proven ability to coordinate multifaceted projects, including multitasking, deliverables management and timeline management.
- Demonstrate ability to work within a commercial environment and influence with and without authority in a cross functional role.
- Experience in diagnostic development or similar development paradigm
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Understanding of design controls and diagnostic approval process from concept to submission.
- High energy, self-motivated, approachable and articulate team player.
- Demonstrates strong leadership capabilities with the ability to lead
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $101,000. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.