Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of productivity infrastructure solutions for modern software. Over 50,000 developers worldwide use the Nylas platform to quickly and securely build productivity features into their applications. With Nylas, developers get unprecedented access to rich communications data from their end-users, pre-built workflows that automate everyday tasks, embeddable UI/UX components for fast front-end development, and comprehensive security features - all delivered via a suite of powerful APIs that make integration easy.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Our Work Philosophy
Nylas is also a big believer in the safety and well-being of our employees and society, which is why we are onboarding all new Nylanauts remotely during this global pandemic until there is a vaccine and it is safe for humans to resume their pre-COVID lifestyles.
AND once the COVID-19 pandemic eventually comes to an end, we will continue to embrace Remote First philosophy, with a minor twist: Remote First, Office Second. That's right! It's about how you work, not where you work. Nylanauts can choose any workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. It's true. They can go anywhere as long as they respect the working hours (time zones) of their team. Wherever motivates them; inspires them to be better versions of themselves. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Missoula before traveling to the beaches of San Diego. Wonderful!
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can. Go ahead! The workspace is there to be utilized.
Why Remote First, Office Second? Because we not only believe in respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
About the role
As a remote-first company, a large part of this role will be implementing processes and guiding projects to help teams work better in an asynchronous method. We are looking to implement a data-driven approach so the progress reporting process is low overhead for the working team. The system should have enough fidelity that the stakeholders are kept up-to-date on the target release date and informed on the risks associated with key initiatives and projects. This individual understands what is being built and asks the right questions to de-risk the overall engineering program. A thriving program management function means we are efficient in our cross-functional collaboration, provide guidance on process management, and enhance our overall project execution & timeline predictability.
- Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal project teams
- Standardize project, process framework, and language to maximize the performance of a remote-first team
- Act as an Agile Subject Matter Expert and an impediment remover
- Enable a data-driven approach to progress, risk, and cost reporting for the projects
- Establish, drive, and deliver on committed objectives, timelines, and budget
- Organize and standardize the way project information is collected and reported back so the amount of time the team spends in meetings is minimized
- Holding a high bar of measuring velocity and impact, and provide visibility to areas that can be improved across the company
- Drive and enhance the departmental OKRs and turn key results into dashboards that can be used to track progress
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Program/Project Manager working directly with engineering teams
- Hands-on experience with APIs and Automation
- Coding experience in any programming language
- Agile & Scrum experience leading several software engineering teams
- Strong strategic planning and project management capabilities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Experience in problem-solving within fluid and constantly changing environments
- Experience working cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, Marketing, Sales, and Finance
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Nice-to-have: Experience at a Start-Up or SaaS company with API products and understand best practices and common patterns is a huge plus
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description