Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant at Workiva
The Talent Acquisition Consultant is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success to an assigned department by developing local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas, and partnering with other members of the talent acquisition team and business unit leaders to ensure that Workiva identifies, recruits, selects and hires the best possible talent to make the company successful. Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant may lead a small team of Talent Acquisition Consultants, Specialists and/or Candidate Experience Coordinators.
This role will be supporting Workiva's Research and Development/Information Technology teams. The ideal person would have experience sourcing and hiring senior level technical talent at a SaaS company.
Develops and Executes Recruiting Plans: Leads the creation and implementation of a strategic recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position and efficiently and effectively fills open positions. All while ensuring a best-in-class candidate experience throughout the hiring process.
- Consults with hiring managers to influence hiring needs and set a strategic direction; determines applicant requirements by reviewing job description and job qualifications
- Collaborates with Marketing, hiring managers and members of the Human Asset Management team to create job postings; attracts applicants by placing job advertisements using job and social networking sites, the company website, other applicable internet sources, professional organizations and other position-appropriate venues
- Develops, modifies, and redesigns processes and procedures that maximizes the efficiency, effectiveness, and impact of the search strategy and recruitment process
- Manages and consults on the use of outside recruiters and headhunters as required
- Works with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria; avoids legal challenges by understanding and complying with current legislation and enforcing regulations with managers
- Supports Candidate Experience Coordinators and resolves escalated scheduling issues when needed
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers
- Responsible for ensuring candidate experience is exceptional throughout the hiring process with timely and meaningful communication
Builds Applicant Sources: Builds networks to find and maintain contact with qualified passive candidates to develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need
- Networks through industry contacts, association memberships, and employees to build and maintain rapport and nurture relationships with prospective talent and build applicant sources
- Uses social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates
- Partners with the University Relations team members on college recruiting initiatives
- Researches and recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting and educates the Talent Acquisition team on findings
- Collaborates with Marketing to create and implement employment marketing strategies to attract passive job seekers
Collaborates and Coaches: Develops strong relationships and collaborates with other members of the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers to meet the various talent goals within the business unit with the best possible talent
- Works closely with business unit leaders influence and drive plans for key staffing initiatives
- Conducts regular follow-up with managers to ensure timeliness and maximizes effectiveness of recruiting plans, processes and implementation
- Develops, tracks, and reports key performance metrics designed to measure all searches and predict staffing activity
- Coaches and mentors (may supervise) Talent Acquisition Specialists and Candidate Experience Coordinators; models effective teamwork and collaboration and pursuit of personal ongoing professional development to drive the company’s success
What You'll Need
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- An in-depth knowledge of data mining and internet research
- Business acumen required
- 5+ years of progressive corporate staffing or recruiting experience
- Experience in software technology industry a plus
- Proven success recruiting in all levels of the organization from entry level to corporate staff necessary; experience mapping and sourcing resumes from all sources required
- Experience with HRIS, Applicant Tracking or similar systems preferred
- Experience leading a team or informal management experience preferred
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent preferred or a combination of applicable skills, expertise, experience, and education required
- Approximately 15% travel is anticipated for employee development, relationship building with hiring managers in other locations and meeting with vendors and/or suppliers
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You'll Be Rewarded:
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $90,000 - $100,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].