Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
Senior Scrum Master
DHI’s Software Development Technology group is looking for a motivated, passionate Agile Leader to join an existing team of Agile practitioners. The primary purpose of this role is to guide development teams in focused, value driven efforts; and to coach teams in efficiencies and optimizations to their current process. Additionally, this role will have to leverage and balance the workloads and strengths of multiple teams, to help them work towards a common set of goals; interacting with both technology and business/product development groups. DHI Technology teams range in size from 5-11 people, and cover technology areas ranging from API and Web application development to Salesforce development.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team with self-organization mechanisms and best practices
- Coaching the team to higher levels of agile maturity within a sustainable pace of change
- As a Servant Leader you are responsible for impediment removal; working with the right person(s) or portion of the organization to remove impediments, or guiding the team to remove impediments themselves
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged; with an emphasis on problem-finding and problem-solving
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, conflict resolution, and delivery of committed work goals
- Facilitates team ceremonies
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owners, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Delivering cross team metrics and dashboards to facilitate continuous improvement and transparency to the rest of the organization.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the teams and organization; define approach/strategy to grow that maturity level, and deliver on it
What are we requiring for this role?
- Knowledge and/or experience with wide variety of successful Agile practices, including: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, Ceremony facilitation, etc.
- Experience with a variety of techniques for coaching teams towards continuous improvement
- Applicable knowledge/understanding of one or more of the technologies and disciplines used by the team including but not limited to: C++, Java, .Net, Solr, SQL and AWS
- Applicable knowledge of one or more of the disciplines/domains our teams specialize in, including: Mobile Applications; Web Site Development; API development; Salesforce development
- Experience in enabling and growing collaboration across multiple development teams (both co-located and distributed)
- 7+ years in Software Development environment
- 4+ years working in an Agile and/or Lean Software environment
- 4+ years working as in a Scrum Master/Agile Leader role (or equivalent) with a Software Development or Information Technology team that diligently applied Agile principles, practices, and theory
- Experience with a variety of methodologies based on Agile or Lean/Pull foundation
- Experience with one or more ALM tools (e.g. TFS, JIRA, CA/Rally, VersionOne, etc.)
- Experience as a Jira admin, including process customization and custom reporting
- 2nd level Agile certifications
- Experience working within custom web (java preferred) application development teams