Senior Scrum Master, Technical Programs - SolidFire
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By building cloud infrastructures, customers get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds.
We are looking for an Senior Scrum Master and an Agile Coach who excels at delivering high quality, on-time software products for our state-of-the-art cloud storage solution in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have a blend of driving process initiatives, coaching and driving software development projects as a scrum master along with technical depth and excellent communication skills.
Opportunities to Make an Impact
The Software Technical Scrum Master drives engineering activities throughout the product lifecycle to deliver high quality program releases on schedule. More specific responsibilities include:
- Lead scrum meetings with the engineering teams to plan and execute software development for complex software features
- Work with Product Owners, Product Managers, other scrum teams and stakeholders to align priorities and collaborate on a daily basis
- Work with SAFe transformation team (LACE) to coach scrum teams as needed
- Track engineering progress against release schedules to ensure early and often communication for the status of the release
- Actively drive the engineering teams to ensure that product quality is maintained throughout the SolidFire product lifecycle, including requirements traceability, test suite tracking and defect triage
- Drive innovation and integration of new software development processes and quality initiatives into projects and activities
- Work with the Build/Release engineer to facilitate continuous integration/delivery within the release
- Drive strategic process initiatives / improvements for engineering
Qualified candidates must have a track record of successfully managing software features and releases from concept to new product introduction. Additional requirements include:
- A minimum 3 years of experience is required as a scrum master with a track record of delivering complex software features and releases on time, with high quality. 5 to 8 years of experience is preferred.
- Experience working on system level software is a must. Data storage industry would be a plus
- Certified Scrum Master (SM) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification
- Strong leadership and analytical skills in combination with excellent written and verbal communication abilities. The candidate must be self-driven and an expert at multi-tasking
- Ability to understand the technical details of the software your teams are working on. You should be able to assess risk, challenge estimates, identify dependencies and ultimately guide the team throughout the software development
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- Experience as a Release Train Engineer (RTE) or driving Scrum of Scrums would be a plus.
- Experience as a technical contributor (software developer, quality engineering, etc.) and Jira tool a plus
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.