Senior Project Manager at Granicus LLC
Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry's leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, and digital services to more than 4,200 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Granicus products connect more than 200 million people, creating a powerful network to enhance citizen engagement. By optimizing decision-making processes, Granicus strives to help government see better outcomes and a greater impact for the citizens they serve.
The Granicus Experience Group (GXG) helps governments better serve the public in today's digital world. We help our clients build better citizen experiences while getting the most out of their Granicus citizen-engagement technology. GXG produces agency-like, multi-channel digital communications, engagement, and collaboration strategies for civic and government organizations.
This position oversees and manages the entire lifecycle of new and existing strategic, high or large and complex GXG-led projects and programs. Leading and coordinating the work of multiple teams, from project planning to launch, with ongoing management and optimization, the focus of the position is to lead project teams to complete client projects on time, and with overall quality. Communicating progress to the client, and managing communication between the client, GXG team members, and across multiple internal teams.
This role needs strong analytical skills, opinions on process improvements or innovations through project management, and experience managing strategic accounts, preferably in a digital agency-like environment. The ability to create, motivate, and meet deadlines is critical to the role.
This position provides guidance for the development, implementation, and adherence to Project Management practices and mentors and coaches GXG staff, matrixed team members, and other colleagues in project management practices.
An ideal candidate should be self-driven, experienced, able to effectively balance details with program and project goals and be deadline oriented. This role requires clear thinking, anticipation of problems, and strong communication skills. Ownership, initiative, solution-focused problem solving, strong people management, and proactive communication are key determinants of success in this role.What You'll Do:
- Manage a diverse array of project resources to successfully complete projects.
- Coordinate multiple project teams to lead projects and programs throughout the project life cycle from discovery to delivery, through ongoing project management and optimization.
- Lead effort to define process for cross team projects including multiple product families and professional and GXG services
- Cultivate and manage collaborative partnerships among customer and internal stakeholders to enable scoping, project, and resource decisions.
- Develop and maintain program and project management artifacts to ensure all projects have appropriate project management artifacts and processes, including custom project plans, schedules, and deliverables for external customers to satisfy quality, time, and budget.
- Manage programs and projects with a clear charter, prioritization, and urgency.
- Analyze program and project roadmaps for conflicting tasks, timeline consolidation, risks, and resource allocation; identify critical path to completion and plans for risk management and mitigation.
- Ensure projects are completed within the constraints of scope, cost, resources, and time.
- Coordinate technical guidance to customer to ensure priorities and directions are aligned with the project goals.
- Report key metrics, and process improvement recommendations to Granicus Experience Group and the Professional Services leadership.
- Mentor and coach GXG staff and team members in program and project management practices.
- Provide guidance for the development, implementation, and adherence to Program and Project Management practices.
- Establish program and project governance and controls structures to enable effective escalation and decision-making processes.
- Work with the Sales team to assess and review proposals and contract deliverables to determine proper program and project plans.
- Work with the finance organization to ensure project timelines align with billing expectations and revenue projections.
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program
Who You Are:
- Strong foundation in Project and Program Management with a focus on large communications programs, plus some technical implementation.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems, issues, risks or concerns before they become critical.
- Self-motivated and able to define, plan, and implement tasks in a team environment.
- Fast learning and adaptable - able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Passion for public service, citizen engagement, and communication.
- Excellent client service attitude and team focus.
- Clear sense of integrity with interest in building strong customer relationships.
- Proven ability to make sound professional judgments and to effectively communicate those to the client.
- Strong understanding of Project Life Cycle methodologies.
- Three to five years of project management experience, preferably in an agency-like or public-sector serving environment.
- Strong understanding of architecture, design, and implementation of technical solutions.
- Strong foundation with project management software and tools; Salesforce.com or other CRM experience a plus.
- Willingness to travel, as needed, up to 20% for client meetings and Granicus commitments.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification in good standing required.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) in good standing is a plus.
*Starting rate may vary depending upon location and/or experience*