Senior Project Manager at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS Modern Banking Platform is a Cloud based real-time, multi-currency deposit and loan core banking system. MBP is FIS’ next generation banking platform that provides a multitude of configurable features designed to meet the unique business and product needs of individual retail and commercial financial organizations. The MBP core banking solution offers industry-leading total cost-of-ownership benefits based on lower infrastructure and ongoing operating costs, as well as increased productivity. The highly configurable and integrated FIS MBP system can launch new products and services within days, improving time to market capabilities and enhancing competitive innovation. Profile's real-time processing supports real-time interactions and payments minimizing potential risks and errors with point-in-time exception processing reducing day 2 manual effort.
What you will be doing
• Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
• Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts and access to existing information as needed.
• Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
• Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
• Interacts with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
• Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
• Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
• Assigns and monitors work of project team providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
• Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
• May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
• May include customizing base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
• Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
• Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
• Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
• May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific project that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Open communication and transparency: We are an organization in which we value the ability to communicate and share information in a transparent way in order to be able to fuel meaningful conversations and be efficient at addressing the real issue and finding the best path forward.
Ability to lead and take actions: Given a situation or task, we expect you are fully engaged and take the opportunity to demonstrate our ability to own a topic, bring the right people together, take actions and, in summary, take the lead in bringing this topic to wherever it should be.
Anticipation and Proactivity: Our job is not to be firemen fighting one incident before the next. Our job is to create the conditions for our own success and that requires an ability to anticipate and be proactive, creating the context where the best can happen (ex: effectively managing risks and client expectations) rather than waiting or expecting the worst.
Creativity and Pragmatism: In combination with the previous, creativity is the competency that summarizes for us the need to keep an open mind and think about multiple solutions when facing challenges. Demonstrating pragmatism in this context is having the ability to balance these solutions with an ability to integrate the “how will they be implemented” into their evaluation
Sense of initiative and ability to deliver: We accept mistakes, they are part of the learning curve and a demonstration that you tried something. On the other hand, we cannot accept inaction and the lack of initiative. Finally, as not every initiative can fail and because our business is ultimately to deliver solutions to the client, ability to turn actions and initiatives into actual results is key.
What you bring:
• Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
• Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
• Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
• Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of company’s products and services
• Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
• Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
• Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
• Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
• Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
What we offer you
Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.