Senior Project Manager at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 965 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Senior Project Manager
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis is seeking a hardworking Senior Project Manager to support our Agile transformation by guiding, training and serving teams through effective application of Agile principles and frameworks, including Scrum and SAFe. We are looking for a team member to efficiently transition several roles and lead multiple critical projects in a fast-paced and diverse environment. As a key member of the Agile PMO team, you will work with global business partners to understand MVP, MMF, key priorities, and dependencies through effective teamwork, facilitation, leadership and mentorship. Working as a dedicated contributor and forward-thinking leader to optimize our delivery processes and toolsets as we continue strive to push ourselves for operational perfection.
What’s needed in order to do that:
Run delivery of a wide array of projects from simple system upgrades to sophisticated global solutions.
- Acquire initial project work estimates from all appropriate execution teams and ensure resource availability.
- Build, prepare and lead project proposals to include: Project scope; Tasks/results to accomplish; Dependencies and critical path; Key schedule and achievement dates; and Budget estimates versus actual project spend.
- Supervise and communicate project risks, actions, issues, and decisions (RAID).
- Create and communicate regular status reports.
- Act as a servant leader to a team by helping remove obstacles and barriers and providing coaching and mentorship to team members as needed.
- Establish sprint plans that align to team velocity, and release in alignment with key event dates.
- Schedule and facilitate delivery meetings and ceremonies, including: Daily stand-ups; Backlog grooming sessions; Planning meetings; Business and technical demos; and Retrospectives.
- Participate in cross-capability “scrum-of-scrum” meetings as the capability team representative to discuss project statuses and align on upcoming priorities and initiatives.
- Act as an Agile (and SAFe) change agent voicing support for and training the intricacies of these methodologies to drive a common understanding and vernacular as an internal consultant for other Prologis teams to address skillset or knowledge gaps with regard to project management as a whole and/or Agile (SAFe) delivery methodology concepts and toolkits.
- Active participation in the maturation process of the Agile model and methodology within the organization
- Participate in toolset evaluations, implementations and department roadmap discussions on an Ad Hoc basis
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Validated leader with vision to perform in higher level strategic roadmap discussions.
- Calming presence and leader amid constantly evolving priorities and demands to deliver against ambitious target dates.
- 8-10 years’ experience as a Program/Project manager, with 1-3 of those years as a Scrum Master; 5+ years’ experience leading technology initiatives
- Scrum Master Certification or Certified Scrum Product Owner or Scaled Agile Framework Scrum Master Certification (SAFe CSM) preferred
- Experience leading globally distributed team.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization.
- Solid understanding of Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologies and techniques.
- Experience with project planning, teamwork and Agile planning tools such as JIRA (preferred),and other Atlassian suite of products and plug-ins (Confluence, Draw.IO, Trello, Tempo, etc.).
- Proven ability to multitask and effectively prioritize time across contending activities.
- Shown ability to provide mentorship and navigation team-mates.
- Encouraged global travel up to 10-15%. (planful)
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time