Senior Project Manager, Workforce Management
Essential Job Functions
(Primary responsibilities of the job and the percentage of time spent on each to total 100 %. Reflect the level autonomy, decision-making authority, breadth and level of work/accountability within the responsibility descriptions.)
% of Time
Organize and manage medium to large size projects and aid in program execution.
· Creates project plans, monitors schedules and expenses that successfully deliver the project vision and requirements within the scope, time and quality constraints.
· Provides metrics and reporting to ensure projects are on track.
· Responsible for timely Risk/Issue identification and mitigation.
· Leads matrix teams that span multiple internal organizations (Facility Operations, Platform Operations, Account Management, Finance, Accounting and Information Technology Development, etc.) and external customer/vendor organizations.
- Possesses a better than average technical aptitude and CSG Product knowledge, specializing in Customer Communications Management (i.e. Print/Mail, Electronic Statements & Email, Text and Interactive Messaging, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Websites, Fieldforce Management Systems, Database platforms, Payment Card Industry (PCI), Security, etc.).
- Builds and executes operational readiness plans and ensures fluidity in transition from project staff to operational staff (i.e. Accounting, Facility Operations, Development, International Service Help Desk (ISD), Account Management, etc.).
Encourages open communication and collaborates with all levels of the organization, using crucial conversation skills when they apply. Uses the appropriate channels and understands what information the team needs and how to get it. Speaks and writes clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Gets messages across that have the desired effect; listens carefully and works through misunderstandings so everyone is clear on what is being communicated. Provides feedback and occasionally requires guidance in ensuring its implementation. Is receptive to feedback and independently adjusts to ensure desired outcome.
Responsible for aligning plans and removing impediments across multiple organizations and teams. This often includes effective negotiation skills to establish plans that best align objectives across organizations and with our customers.
Occasionally coaches, matures and mentors other PMO, Project Team Members and other organization resources to ensure service and operational efficiencies are gained and maintained.
With guidance influences and leads Service, Project and Program Visions utilizing advanced Change Assurance Skills.
Regular and reliable attendance is required.
This job requires minimal domestic and/or international travel as needed.
Incumbent is accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG’s core competencies and values.
NOTE: The purpose of this job description is to describe the general nature and level of work performed and it is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.
(This job typically interacts with the following individuals and groups.)
External – Customers, Vendors, Contractors
Internal – Engineering, Corp IT, ISD, OSC, HR, Security, Training, RTE, Intake and Portfolio Management, Finance, Accounting and Senior/Executive Leadership
(Work environment including any noise, equipment, space, temperature, etc. conditions.)
- Standard office environment
(Education, training and/or certifications typically required to successfully perform the job.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent education/experience required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) or other Project Management/Agile certification preferred.
- 5+ Years related project and program management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in Technology Domain (Print/Mail, Electronic Statements & Email, Text and Interactive Messaging, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Websites, Workforce Management Systems, Database platforms, Payment Card Industry (PCI), Security,etc.)
- Demonstrates analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in IT software development (SDLC) methodologies and processes
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in the Scaled Agile Framework methodology
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience in Project and Program management
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience to effectively interact with Portfolio level management
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience with Stakeholder management
- Demonstrates ability to navigate executive level collaboration, understand their needs and balance conflicting points of view
- Demonstrates ability to recognize when Change Assurance will be required and implement appropriate strategy
- Demonstrates advanced judgment in risk identification and mitigation
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge level of the Agile roles, artifacts and ceremonies of Scrum and Kanban
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge level of Kanban task board, Work In Process (WIP) limits, and forecasting.
- Delivers effective training, coaching and mentoring on Project Management and Agile practices
- Demonstrates leadership and the ability to influence in tactical and occasionally strategic initiatives
- Demonstrates ability to understand how they are being perceived within the culture and make appropriate adjustments
- Demonstrates crucial conversations and negotiation skills
- Advanced knowledge in project management tools (e.g. Jira, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, RACI’s, Burndown Charts and Risk Assessments)
- Ability to use a personal computer. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications as well as Project software
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment