Senior Project Manager, Student Services Strategy at Guild Education
This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Student Services Strategy team works at the intersection of critical initiatives that can unlock opportunity for millions of working adults. We work closely with senior leadership across the company shaping and guiding strategic, operational, and organizational improvements to improve the student experience. We bring a student-first problem solving approach, rigorous thinking, organized execution, and cross-functional connections to support the Student Services department and the business overall.
Guild is hiring a Senior Manager, Student Services Strategy to establish project management processes and serve as the key project manager on strategic initiatives. As one of the leaders in a small and growing team, we are looking for someone who can balance both establishing a new process and executing on it. In particular, we are looking for a self-starter who has demonstrated success managing multiple, cross-functional projects with ambiguity, operating in a fast-growing environment, and solving problems with limited oversight.
As a Senior Manager, you will:
- Establish project management processes and systems that fit our business needs, including inbound requests, project management dashboard, etc.
- Develop a project management approach using best practices and proven methodologies.
- Ensure adoption of project management processes and systems and coordination between projects within the Student Services Strategy group.
- Shepherd high priority projects through the project lifecycle, working hand in hand with project leads across Student Services teams to ensure key milestones and project outcomes are met
- Liaise with project leads across the company, diving deep enough to understand the details of each project specifically, while adeptly prioritizing and managing a variety of projects, inbound requests, and roadmap goals.
- Confidently influence and communicate with teams cross-functionally throughout the organization, and work collaboratively with internal and external staff including operational leaders, coaches, product managers, designers, etc.
- Drive intentional and effective change management activities to ensure successful adoption of changes
- Conduct impact analyses to identify the impact of changes, assess change readiness, and identify key risks.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to develop a change management strategy and process based on impact analyses.
- Apply a change management process and support the adoption of changes, including supporting the design, development and delivery of communications.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Strong work ethic and independence, with a high degree of motivation to learn and iterate.
- 7+ years of experience in project management, with experiences in project management approaches and tools (e.g. Asana, Confluence, Airtable, Jira, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal and clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to execute quickly with high attention to detail in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Capacity to develop strong relationships and communicate within various levels of the organization effectively while under pressure- balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $125,000-$143,750, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth