Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The Project Engineer develops, supports and executes processes within the operations engineering team. The operations engineering group transitions, stabilizes and improves processes critical to the maintenance and production of Invitae’s regulated products. This role is a key interface between R&D, Operations, Quality and Regulatory. The project engineer may lead, support and execute projects of either a technical or compliance nature.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Identifying tasks and work break-down, execution of tasks
- Developing schedule and tracking progress
- Managing cost
- Identify resource gaps
- Coordinate with vendors
- Reporting to management
- 8 Years of experience in a regulated environment (IVD, Medical Device or Pharma)
- Experience navigating quality systems, process improvements and manufacturing.
- FDA CFR 820, ISO 13485 and ISO 14971
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Organization, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use specialized software for collaboration and time management
- Experience in process improvement
- Strong time management and analytical skills
- Firm understanding of complex mathematical concepts
- Proven leadership skills\mentoring
- Strong communication skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
- BS/MS in Engineering
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $125,000 per year. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.