Senior Program Manager
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager who excels at delivering high quality and on-time platform releases for our state-of-the-art cloud storage solution in NetApp's H-Series product line. The ideal Platform PrM will have the technical chops to collaborate with our engineering team to drive new platform product releases as well as support sustaining hardware qualifications from the program management perspective. The Platform Program Manager will also interface with other product teams such as Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, as well as External Partners, to build fully integrated NPI (New Product Introduction) platform program schedules. You'll lead these platform programs from conception through sustaining to end-of-life.
The Platform Program Manager is responsible for driving engineering and NPI activities throughout the product lifecycle to facilitate high quality platform releases...on schedule. More specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to develop the detailed work breakdown schedules for every phase of the SolidFire product lifecycle
- Collaborate with the all product teams (Product Management, Supply Chain, etc) to develop a fully integrated NPI schedule
- Actively drive the engineering teams to ensure that product quality is maintained throughout the SolidFire product lifecycle, including requirements traceability, test suite tracking and defect triage
- Track all program milestones, across the various product teams, developing appropriate metrics to ensure early and often communication for the status of the program
- Identify concerns/risks/etc. throughout the product release lifecycle and bring these to the attention of Product Operations management, as well as providing input to help maintain schedule integrity
- Manage overlapping platform and sustaining hardware qualification releases, in various phases of the SolidFire product lifecycle
- Work with Product Operations management to identify and improve process and program efficiencies throughout the entire engineering organization
- Drive innovation and integration of product life cycle processes and quality initiatives into projects and activities
Education & Experience
Qualified candidates must have successfully managed software and hardware platform releases from concept to new product introduction. Additional requirements include:
- 7+ years experience as a release/program manager with an emphasis on hardware or systems products.
- Proven ability to identify concerns/risks/etc. throughout the programs, bringing these to the attention of senior management and providing input for course correction
- Effectively lead product team reviews, status read out, resolve program issues, drive decisions around the product release and implement new product release process improvements
- Experienced with product life cycle, especially around software/platform release management, supply chain delivery, support and services integration and marketing launch
- Experience managing overlapping product release cycles
- Strong leadership and analytical skills in combination with excellent written and verbal communication abilities. The candidate must be self-driven and an expert at multi-tasking
- Detail-oriented but with the ability to look at the overall big picture of a product release
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MBA or a similar degree
- Program Management certifications are nice to have - PMP, SCM, PGMP, SAFe, etc.
- Experience working on system level software in the data storage industry is a big plus