Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager to drive product enablement across the Operations department. This person will be responsible for understanding Checkr product releases and shepherding the various activities needed to enable the Operations org for launch and ongoing support. This role will be highly cross-functional and expected to liaise seamlessly between product managers, engineers, support teams, and other Operations leadership. You should have 5+ years experience with project/program management, ideally within the tech industry and/or from a top tier consulting firm.
- Own the process of new product discovery for operations teams, synthesizing impacts, communicating these across teams and back to product teams; quarterback all activities within operations, including new process development and compliance mitigation, to ‘green light’ a product launch
- Responsible for understanding detailed operational impacts of new product builds and how they impact various ops teams (from customer success to back-office operational teams)
- Become a product expert and intimately learn details of new products being built
- Be the key contact between product and operations teams
- Liaise with business SMEs to solicit feedback & impacts, drive process change, and advocate on their behalf
- Create relationships across the product org in order to proactively understand upcoming products
- Build detailed communication and project planning frameworks for internal departments and ensure cross-functional alignment across 5+ teams
- Create and maintain status reporting and communication cadences cross-functionally
- 5+ years experience with program management, ideally within a technology company. 8+ years cumulative professional experience
- Exceptional project management & organization skills
- Proven ability to build senior-level relationships, to lead cross-functional teams, and to influence decision-making
- Significant experience working with product organizations (in a tech environment); you understand common product lingo, product development cycles, and can bridge knowledge gaps between technical and non technical teams.
- Experience building systems, processes, and tools to organize and drive change
- Proactive nature and are always seeking to move projects forward
- You are a clear and succinct communicator - you use 'active voice'
- You thrive in cross-functional environments and can alter your messaging based on audience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; manage multiple priorities/projects at once
- Experience with the Atlassian suite (Confluence/JIRA) and Zendesk preferred but not required
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.