Senior Program Manager - IAS EOS Sector Lead at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Senior Program Manager - IAS EOS Sector Lead
This position reports to the Director of Imaging and Surveillance (IAS) Mission Area in Tactical Solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and grow a portfolio of current and emerging EO/IR products and systems focused primarily on passive sensor applications, although active (laser-based) technologies are feasible.
- Lead a team of ASMs, PMs, and key core engineering staff to conceive, design, develop, test, and transition products into higher-volume production.
- Provide technical direction based on warfighter needs and capability gaps to guide and support the development of components and system solutions towards closing those gaps.
- Establish sector strategy aligned with the IAS mission area strategy to support technical development and business growth.
- Implement resulting sector growth strategy to include overseeing pursuit and capture activities.
- Responsible for projecting and realizing quarterly and annual bookings, sales, and profit targets.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with major customers at the CRAD level (DARPA, AFRL, ONR, etc.), the platform level (Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, etc.), and with other sensor primes with whom we may integrate (L3Harris, BAE, etc.).
- Interact with contracted customers, especially during contract negotiations, major reviews and problem resolution.
- Interface and collaborate with other TS Mission Areas and BATC SBUs.
- Review and approve technical and contracting approaches for portfolio development programs.
- Conduct internal program reviews for programs experiencing significant changes or variations from planned performance. Provide guidance for recovery or mitigation efforts.
- Review major prime and government customer roadmaps, work to align internal strategy, and oversee IRAD and CRAD activities to influence customer roadmap development.
- Manage dedicated OH, IRAD and B&P budgets. Provide inputs to the capital planning process.
- Provide staffing and facility requirements to the IAS Operations lead.
- Provide leadership to all Ball Aerospace employees working on IAS EOS programs / projects.
- Work closely with business partners in Engineering, Integrated Supply Chain, Finance, Security, IT, and Human Resources to formulate and explain needs and follow through with these organizations to make sure the IAS EOS team has what it needs to be successful.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, business opportunities, strategies, competitive intelligence, market and legislative forecasts commensurate with BATC financial and strategic plans relative to the purpose noted above to other areas within BATC outside of IAS and TS.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience working tactical defense system acquisition/ development preferred.
- A graduate technical degree in a related discipline is preferred.
- Deep understanding of classified DoD acquisition process including classified requirements, budget, and execution of R&D and procurement areas.
- Demonstrated experience in leading design teams and new business capture activities.
- Demonstrated experience in leading development programs that execute on schedule and on cost.
- Must be a superb presenter with documented presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Active DOD Secret security clearance is required with an expectation of obtaining SAP accesses.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $166,500 - $230,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.