We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
As a Senior Product Manager, Insurance Systems you will leverage your deep knowledge of workers’ compensation insurance to shepherd the build-out of innovative and easy-to-use applications supporting our insurance businesses. These include, but are not limited to: policy management, compliance satisfaction, certification exercises, audit, renewals, payment and billing applications, rating and pricing, as well as iterative improvement in each domain. You will consistently question why insurance has done things the way they have, and deliver innovative answers as to how we should do them.
How You’ll Do It
- Building out innovative, disruptive, easy-to-use insurance applications, purchase experiences that help optimize conversion, empower our internal support teams to be as efficient as possible.
- Aligning our insurance system roadmap directly with business and consumer goals to establish best of breed applications that continually strive to disrupt the existing landscape.
- Prioritizing feature development and work-streams to maximize our growth, speed-to-market, and create high-quality products.
- Leveraging your deep knowledge of insurance to break down processes so they can be rebuilt in ways that fundamentally challenge the industry status quo.
- Own the execution and excellence of your products. Be scrappy. Challenge Convention. Solve problems.
- Write clear and easy to understand user stories. Do what needs to be done no matter how big the obstacles or how limited the resources.
The Right Stuff
- Minimum of 8 years doing hands-on product management, with prior experience product managing insurance systems and their intersection with consumer experience.
- Successfully own multiple complex insurance systems in parallel without sacrifice to any instance of a system in the portfolio.
- Have a demonstrable history of creating disruptive insurance platforms.
- Display significant intellectual agility and ability to flex into disparate domains quickly and provide immediate value.
- Incubate new solutions, ideas, and strategies through technology as they pertain to insurance systems.
- Possess and grow an expert level of knowledge of the insurance domain with at least 5 years of experience in insurance. Workers' Compensation insurance experience (ex. understanding what s-mods and e-mods are) is a plus, but not required.
- You do not by default accept the answer: “this is the way we’ve always done it.” You have a passion for disrupting the status quo and changing how insurance is done.
- You are an adept and persuasive story teller.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Commuting Allowance
- Future focused 401k match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Checkout our employee reviews on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding