Senior Manager - Large Projects at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Senior Manager, Large Projects develops and executes outside plant (OSP) project plans for customers specific to large fiber builds. This role will develop and implement proactive plans to ensure that large project due dates are met, unit cost targets are achieved, and customers are satisfied. The ideal candidate will have outside plant engineering and construction technical skills, as well as planning, organization, execution, commercial and negotiation skills.
- Develop and maintain a large project plan based on potential and existing customer specific builds. Engage regional leadership in plan development.
- Develop project plans for each large project.
- Inform regional leadership on potential large projects within their respective areas.
- Coordinate large project kickoff meetings; inter - regional coordination meetings, etc.
- Perform cost validation of estimates provided by sales organization and vendor quote
- Communicate and coordinate plans and strategies with other functional areas including sales, product, engineering, procurement, network operations and field operations.
- Provide cost and schedule analyses for projects
- Program manage the large project queue (large project tracker).
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline preferred.
- 5+ years’ outside plant engineering, project management and/or construction experience required.
- 5+ years’ telecommunications and/or network planning experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple aggressive RFP and design construction schedules and responses.
- Broad knowledge of OSP right-of-way infrastructure requirements and facets.
- Familiarity with all facets of OSP management including quoting, construction, and delivery.
- The ability to understand and read construction documents.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and AutoCAD Viewers software.
- Costing analysis experience.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Business minded with the ability to maintain a commercial focus.
- Ability to travel as required.
- CO pay range: $98,700-$138,180
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.