Senior Manager of Business Transformation at Ibotta
As a Senior Manager of Business Transformation, you will oversee a team of project managers who enable Ibotta to achieve our most pressing, strategic goals. In addition to managing a high-performing team, you’ll consult on and project manage high-profile strategic projects and programs and advise our senior leadership team on new transformative strategic initiatives.
The Senior Manager of Business Transformation is a leadership role within Ibotta’s Business Transformation (BT) function, a strategic project management and internal consulting team. This role is responsible for the following:
- Effective management over a team (2+) of program and/or project managers. This person is responsible for the effective project management of all programs and projects within the portfolio for their team, driving the completion of projects within scope, schedule, and budget through personal project management execution and management of the team
- Consultation to Ibotta’s leadership team on transformation opportunities. Business Transformation is responsible for providing internal consulting support for Ibotta’s functions, leaders, and business processes, and this role is a key contributor to consultative efforts
- Management of high-profile, complex strategic programs and projects within a defined scope, timeline, and budget. Managers of Business Transformation are typically the most seasoned, advanced consultative project managers within the BT function, and therefore, will be resourced on the most complex, high-priority projects
- Adherence to, and advancement of, Ibotta’s project/program management tools, processes, and approach. As a subject matter expert, this role is expected to follow and proactively advance the project management practice at Ibotta
- Facilitation of scoping and resource allocation for new projects and programs. Managers of Business Transformation consult with Ibotta’s leadership to identify, scope, and resource new strategic programs and projects which may then be managed by members of their team
- Identify risks and issues and provide effective mitigation. Monitor overall program/project activities and resolve/escalate issues as needed. Facilitate resource and release planning efforts at the program and project levels. Monitor the progress of the execution phase of work efforts and projects to ensure appropriate closure activities are completed in a timely, effective, and consistent manner. Ensure lessons learned are effectively applied.
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with vendors, leadership teams, business management personnel, and Product/Project Managers/Leads. Identify areas in which improved communication is needed and partner with other areas as appropriate to implement those changes. Support budget and ongoing planning processes within programs and associated business areas. Resolve conflict through diplomatic facilitation, negotiation skills, and consensus-building techniques
- Maintain current knowledge of functional and industry trends. Initiate benchmarking efforts where appropriate. Develop and deliver presentations to share knowledge internally and via external technology and industry forums
- Become a key member of the Business Transformation Leadership Team, supporting the direction of the team and its strategic endeavors
What does it take to be successful in this role?:
The typical candidate for this role will have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of management consulting and/or project management experience through which the candidate consistently delivered results through strategic projects
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field; master’s degree preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Broad toolkit of domain expertise and frameworks such as Lean Six Sigma, SDLC, Agile, Scrum, SAFe, Business Analysis, strategic frameworks, Business Intelligence etc.
- Relevant industry experience in Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods, and Technology preferred
- 2+ years’ people management experience required
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.