Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
This role, Senior Functional Analyst- SAP S/4 Account to Report, resides in the ITS Global Service Delivery organization, which is responsible for Ball business applications globally. This role has responsibility for projects, business as usual and operational support. Business Process acumen and the ability to translate business requirements into ITS specifications , solution design and configuration for SAP Account to Report for SAP S/4 is key.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- This is an operational and delivery position requiring an understanding of the overall Ball Business and Business Process .
- Ability to translate Business demand requirements into ITS specifications, solution design, and complete configuration for implementation.
- The functional analyst role is responsible for adherence to global strategic platform guidelines.
- Responsible for impact analysis of process improvement efforts; provides leadership in the implementation and execution of technology solutions to complex business problems.
- Defines cross-system solutions which map to re-engineered business processes.
- Provide planning, estimates, application development, documentation, and support leadership using technology best practices.
- Works closely with other ITS resources, business stakeholders, and third-parties ensure solutions support business requirements and capabilities.
- This role has an obligation to fully understand the Demand and Change Management Processes, associated SLA’s and ITS Standard operating procedures.
- To produce complete and meaningful High Level Estimates (HLE’s) based on demand requests .
- Participates as a key contributor in the design and development of complex applications and projects and is the expert in the technology selected.
- Accountable to drive and ensure deliverables are complete based on defined timelines .
- Responsible for detailed specifications, derives estimates, and assigns component development tasks to the onshore/offshore development teams.
- Responsible for knowledge transfer to ITS operations.
- Responsible for participating on operational readiness review , Disaster Recovery & Business continuity
- To ensure ongoing support of deployed solutions is handled in the correct manner from both a Business and Ball ITS perspective, therefore minimizing Business impact
- Provide functional escalation support for ITS operations.
- Ability to travel regionally & internationally.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- 1-4 SAP full cycle SAP S/4 implementations, desired
- 3-5 years of experience in ERP configuration, support or ITS operations
- Bachelor’s degree required - Computer Science, MIS or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience in Source Systems Analysis, Business Rules Validation, Performance Tuning and High Volume Data Loads.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to resolve problems are desired.
- Must be familiar with a project’s complete life cycle implementation of at least 1 to 2 projects.
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based support environment
- Excellent communications skills to include fluency in English - both written and verbal
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- ITIL experience – at least to foundation level desirable
- MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Visio and MS Project
- Experience in Global ITS operations environment is key.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 77,500 - 115,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 11
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more info https://www.ball.com/us_benefits
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/. If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans