Senior Engagement Manager, Marketplace Delivery at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for its Marketplace Delivery team to lead cross-functional workstreams as Guild launches new engagements with employer partners -- like Walmart, Disney, and Chipotle -- and academic partners -- like the University of Arizona, Southern New Hampshire University, eCornell, and more.
In operating this marketplace, Guild invests heavily in each additional partner that is added. As a result, strong team members are needed to get partners launched through a deeply cross-functional effort.
As a Senior Engagement Manager, Marketplace Delivery, you will:
- Lead a cross-functional internal team spanning product, marketing, and operations to drive the design and implementation of partnerships from end-to-end
- Become a subject matter expert in partner onboarding at Guild; speak to all aspects of partner launch, including strategic vision, design, implementation processes, and handoffs/interactions with other teams.
- Partner with senior Marketplace Delivery and cross-functional colleagues to develop new strategies, tools, and processes to launch partnerships with speed, quality, and efficiency.
- Represent Guild externally as a primary project management contact, and manage relationships with our partners during design and implementation, in coordination with Account Management.
- Proactively identify and manage trade-offs and risks across workstreams, and make strategic recommendations to leadership as relevant.
- Represent Marketplace Delivery as a function in interactions with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Account Management, Sales, Payments, Operations, and Technical Program Management.
- Embody shared ownership over the successful launch or expansion of a partnership, particularly in enabling other cross-functional workstreams for which you are not directly responsible.
- Mentor and potentially manage junior members of the team.
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Preferred 6-9 years of experience in project management, strategy consulting, account management, product management, and/or program management roles.
- Strong presentation and stakeholder management skills; ability to create client-ready presentation materials with little to no oversight from management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage senior, complex, external client relationships
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex, high-impact, and cross-functional projects in a fast-paced environment
- Superior project management skills such as:
- Comfort, confidence, and credibility to be an effective representative of the team with cross-functional counterparts
- Innate drive to identify opportunities to improve processes and enable scale, and to propose and support execution of improvements
- Strength in cross-functional strategic project management, including ability to motivate and optimize internal project teams
- Ability to lead portions of technical workstreams, if necessary
- Impeccable organization and ability to create structure and clarity out of uncertainty
- Understanding of both “business world” and “technology world” and an ability to comfortably operate at the intersection of the two
- Identify potential issues before they arise and don’t shy away from addressing potential shortcomings of solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with senior-level clients and/or partners
- Hands-on approach to solving complex problems; willingness and desire to work with teammates at all levels to drive to the right solutions when faced with a challenge and drive to clarity and alignment when faced with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to be a leader on a rapidly developing or newly formed team
- Demonstrated experience in development of documentation, processes, systems, or tools to support scaling businesses (both in “0→1” new product/program introduction and “1 → 1000” scaling environments)
- CAPM, PMP, or equivalent certifications helpful, though not required.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $120,000 - $140,000 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth