Scrum Master at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Senior Scrum Master to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Facilitate team-level Agile ceremonies such as Daily Stand-ups, Retrospectives, and Sprint Planning
- Coaching, supporting, and initiating continuous improvement within our culture
- Work with the Product Management team and hold them responsible for maintaining a well- refined backlog
- Manage cross-team dependencies for product delivery to ensure a timely release of complete features
- Proactively communicate upward and outward - understanding when to escalate issues and roadblocks and knows when to ask for help when needed
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Drive collaboration between Product and Engineering
- Be the oil that keeps the engine of delivery running smoothly
- Teach, mentor, and coach pods in being Agile &/or Scrum.
- Define and help execute on the Agile Coaching Offices backlog of Agile & Scrum guidelines and maturity.
What you bring to Uplight:
- 2 or more years of Agile software development experience, and experience as a scrum master
- Certified Scrum Master – C.S.M., or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate and motivate teams toward a common goal
- Passion and drive to help team improve and deliver great products
- Actively listening and respect for others opinions and ideas
- You are technical enough to understand the product and what the team is doing
- A hunger to learn and ability to navigate ambiguity
- Experience with diverse set of management practices (Scrum, Lean, DevOps, Waterfall)
- Familiarity organizing and running product inceptions
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.
What Makes Working at Uplight Amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 500+ rebels with an important cause to help create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $91,000 to $103,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.