Scrum Master at Evolve
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 16,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
We’re looking for an experienced and highly motivated Scrum Master to act as a servant leader and coach that will help to mature and continuously improve Agile and Scrum at Evolve. This role is critical in supporting the operating foundation that delivers value to our guests and helps Evolve maintain its competitive advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the travel industry and have an immediate and meaningful impact at one of its fastest-growing companies.
This role will collaborate closely with our product and development team to facilitate the delivery of key capabilities and features.
The ideal candidate for this role is a seasoned Scrum Master with a successful record establishing and improving processes at both a team and organizational level. You must be a natural facilitator who knows when to be assertive and/or diplomatic in your approach.
This contributor will play a critical role in establishing the delivery foundation to meet needs of our growing business, that will increase output, quality, collaboration, transparency, and accountability. If that gets you excited, please read on.
What you’ll do
- Help the team adopt a Lean-Agile mindset and implement Scrum practices while championing continuous improvement
- Facilitate the Scrum ceremonies, keeping the events focused and valuable for the team, while helping with decision-making and conflict resolution
- Serve as a mentor and guide in resolving intrapersonal and/or project related conflicts
- Create opportunities for and promote communication with other teams
- Help teams leverage Jira and other tools to optimize communication while adhering to team rules, norms and best practices
- Guide the team to remove impediments, by finding the right team members in the organization to remove obstacles
- Communicate risk, impediments and changes in scope that impact deliverables
- Work with the product team to manage the backlog and understand priorities
- Track the team performance and allocation to aid in metric-driven decision-making for roadmap and capacity planning
- Work with other Scrum Masters and stakeholders to assess the Agile Scrum maturity, establish best practices and improve overall team velocity and quality
- Foster an environment that promotes fun, collaboration, open and honest communication, mutual trust, respect, customer centricity and Lean thinking
What makes you a great fit
- 3+ years experience working as a Scrum Master
- Scrum Master certification (CSM) from a reputable organization
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: SAFe, XP, Kanban, Shape Up
- Pragmatic servant leader with willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent situational awareness and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to develop processes and effectively communicate recommendations to leadership
- Technical aptitude and a familiarity with software development and integration principles
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong negotiations skills to manage priorities and scope
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Experience with Jira preferred.
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! We're currently all working remotely and will be opening up the office in the near future for our in office and hybrid options.
For this role our salary range is $100,000 to $118,000, depending on relevant experience
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.