Scrum Master at SonderMind
We are seeking an experienced Scrum Master to join our rapidly growing Product & Engineering Team. The Scrum Master will work closely with the Agile teams to influence, motivate, provide advice and solutions to continue to move the process forward in a fast paced environment. A skilled and experienced Scrum Master will find teams eager to engage and implement continuously improved processes. You will join a motivated team who is passionate about SonderMind’s mission and is continuously looking for ways to streamline processes and improve efficiency.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to build relationships with cross functional team members. You are a servant leader ready to mature a Scrum team from training and coaching, to consulting stages. You have previous experience in program management, and are excited to work to provide order in an ambiguous environment
- Within one week, observe and understand team dynamics and working environment.
- Within two weeks, lead daily standup meetings, planning meetings and other ceremonies. Prepare metrics identifying team progress towards milestones.
- Within one month, contribute to SonderMind’s Agile process development group and be a champion for continuous improvement.
- 7 total years working in technology related role, with a minimum 3 years working as a Scrum Master
- Scrum Master Certification
- Significant knowledge of different Agile methodologies and their applications in a dynamic environment
- Expertise within scrum and kanban agile methodologies and can utilize and disseminate each approach
- Ability to train members of team on various agile frameworks, visions and principals (i.e. Scaled Agile Framework, Large Scale Scrum, Scrum Alliance, Pragmatic Marketing, scrum.org, etc.) to iterate on a well rounded execution model
Nice to Have
- SAFe Certification
- Experience working with teams in a startup
- Technical background in software development
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary for this position is $110,000. Actual title and compensation are commensurate with experience and location.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (NOTE: company is fully remote during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.