Scrum Master at Billtrust
In your consumer life, apps like Venmo and Zelle are making easy to pay friends and family. Unfortunately, it's extraordinarily difficult for businesses to pay other businesses for services and suppliers. That’s why paper checks remain the dominant form of payment between businesses in the US and account for over $10 trillion of spend. It's inefficient and slow, but fortunately Billtrust launched a solution to digitize business-to-business payments once and for all - the Business Payments Network.
As a Scrum Master, you will coach and facilitate the Agile process for our Business Payments Network - a group of high-performing, distributed teams. You will be a steward and custodian of the Scrum process, possess a servant-leader style, and roll up your sleeves to support the team to ensure we continue to drive the future of B2B payments. This is an exciting, fast-moving environment that requires an agile professional with passion for improving high-performing teams and delivering valuable products for our customers.
- Support Agile thinking as the norm and help foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Cultivate trust through personal and team relationships with a team of experienced Product Owners
- Enforce a culture of stop-and-fix to protect the Dev team’s reputation for excellence in engineering
- Ensure Agile concepts and principles are adhered to, be a voice of reason, and make the tough calls in demanding situations
- 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, product-centric environment
- Ability to work with technical teams using Continuous Delivery practices, such as integrating continuously (CI), TDD, ATDD, BDD, Pairing and Mobbing
- Knowledge of XP, Kanban and Scrum
- Ability to coordinate release planning
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Agile teachings, approaches and behaviors, with the ability to help teams as well as the wider organization to address dysfunctions that may result teams misinterpreting, ignoring or rejecting Agile values and principles
- While recognized certifications from the ScrumAlliance (Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, Certified Agile Coach, etc.) are valuable, more value is placed on the diversity of coaching experiences that can be demonstrated using enterprise software development examples
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a distributed, team-oriented environment
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), B2B, online payments, software or product-centric business strongly preferred
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or similar (or equivalent experience)
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.