Scrum Master at Prove (Formerly Payfone)
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:55 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Prove is the modern platform for continuous identity authentication and is used by over 1,000 enterprises and 500 financial institutions including 7 of the top 10 U.S. banks. Prove’s cloud solutions and mobile intelligence -driven APIs can be easily orchestrated to increase Approve Rates to over 90%, enabling companies to authenticate customer identities accurately, effortlessly, and privately, while mitigating fraud. Prove’s solutions are available in 195 countries. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
As we continue to scale our company, we are looking for people who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smarts, but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans; we’re excited and optimistic about the future. If this sounds like a career for you – come check us out.
As a Scrum Master you will be responsible for coaching and training teams about the Scrum framework, protect them from external interference, and motivate team members towards self-organization and self-management in order to maximize team effectiveness and efficiency.
What You Are Accountable For
- Embody and promote Agile principles while continually mentoring the organization with respect to the scrum framework
- Facilitate all scrum events (daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint review, sprint retrospective) as requested or needed
- Collaborate with the Product Owner for backlog management, verify the backlog order, and ensure the Development Team is engaged in active backlog refinement
- Coach and mentor the Development Team in self-organization, self-management, and empirical product development
- Provide transparency to the organization through burn-down charts, communication with internal and external stakeholders, and focusing on incremental improvements
- Assist the Development Team with removing impediments, reducing dependencies, and managing risks
- Embrace servant leadership and be willing to be disruptive to increase the effectiveness of Scrum within the organization
- Promote, maintain and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion and leadership
- Strong passion for learning our products and markets through in-house and external training
- Other duties as assigned
What We Require
- 3 to 5 years Scrum Master experience with cross-functional teams + experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related discipline or demonstrable equivalent experience. All skills, abilities, and education will be considered for minimum qualifications
- Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance, Scrum.org) in good standing.
- A good understanding of the software development life cycle.
- A general understanding of the practices of other Agile approaches, including Kanban, Lean, SAFe, and how they may be applied, as needed, for optimum results.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn new technologies.
- Ability to keep pace and absorb rapidly evolving technical solutions being developed and deployed in both domestic and international locations
- Independent worker who can balance planned work with ad-hoc requests from peers.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Prove is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
Read Full Job Description