Scrum Master at SonderMind
The need for mental health support has never been more acute yet frustrations abound for individuals unable to access care. With our recent successful Series B round of funding (https://tcrn.ch/3bXyvQW), our rapidly growing team is more prepared than ever to redesign behavioral health to become more accessible, approachable and utilized. If you enjoy a challenge and being part of a mission with big aspirations, SonderMind may be the place for you!
About this Role
- Within one week, observe and understand team dynamics and working environment.
- Within two weeks, lead daily standup meetings, planning meetings and other ceremonies. Prepare metrics identifying team progress towards milestones.
- Within1 month, contribute to SonderMind’s Agile process development group and be a champion for continuous improvement.
- 7 total years working in technology related role, with a minimum 3 years working as a Scrum Master
- Experience working in Jira
- Significant knowledge of different Agile methodologies and their applications in a dynamic environment
- Expertise within scrum and kanban agile methodologies and can utilize and disseminate each approach
- Ability to train members of team on various agile frameworks, visions and principals (i.e. Scaled Agile Framework, Large Scale Scrum, Scrum Alliance, Pragmatic Marketing, scrum.org, etc.) to iterate on a well rounded execution model
- Can provide detailed delivery updates on state of affairs related to popular product backlog items such as user story, feature/epic, tech debt, bugs, and the tasking statuses for each
- Engages in weekly to semi-weekly release activities and helps triage support issues, providing the “glue” between stakeholders and team members.
- Works with different estimation techniques to help team work out a delivery pattern long term so the teams can provide robust delivery commitments to the organization
- Provides agile culture roadmaps with team and partners with other scrum masters to align cross-functionally
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience working with teams in a startup
- Technical background in software development
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our great downtown location, to unlimited coffee and healthy snacks, to a 2019 & 2020 Best Place to Work office culture, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Benefits. SonderMind provides exceptional employee benefits including covering the majority of dental, vision, and medical premiums. Mental health copays are paid at 100% for most medical plans. 401k matching for up to 4% salary deferred.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?