Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
The Scrum Master, Forecasting and Valuations will guide and serve teams that deliver technology solutions, through effective application of the Agile principles and frameworks including Scrum and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). You will enable and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and diverse environment leveraging skills such as effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching. As a key member of the Business Capability Engineering team you will work with global business stakeholders to understand MVP, MMF, key priorities and dependencies. We are the world’s leading logistics real estate company in a transformational phase and are in search of a person who can ensure people are engaged on what matters; is driven to achieve a successful outcome; and demonstrates unwavering focus on our plans and strategy.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Create and manage scrum team release plans
- Represent teams in release planning events to slot work for the upcoming releases
- Implements sprint planning principles by supporting teams to develop
- Sprint plans that align to team velocity and to the release plan
- Ensure backlog grooming takes place on a regular cadence
- Work with team to identify capacity to ensure they can meet the sprint
- Participate in discussions related to trade-offs to bring in new work
- Works within Agile execution principles with daily standup facilitation and impediment tracking/escalation
- Reviews/Approvals – Design, Legal, Risk, Compliance
- Risk and Change Management
- Major release support
- Uses continuous improvement and progress tracking principles to ensure teams are prepared for product showcases
- Report on Sprint metrics for teams
- Participant in cross team Scrum of Scrums
- Hold team retrospectives and ensure impediments that are outside of the teams control are appropriately escalated
- Participant in project Scrum of Scrums or status meetings to report progress of team
- Governance, including regular updates and maintenance of Rally, Jira, TFS, etc.
- Active participation in the maturation process of the Agile model and methodology within the organization
- Ensure Agile teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility and support overall capability portfolio management, release management and change management
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Must have 3+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master
- 8+ years of technology experience
- Previous development or QA experience required, preferably in a leadership role.
- Previous technical experience with the Microsoft technology stack (C++, C#, SQL Server) is required
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile Software Development Lifecycle models including Scrum, XP, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Agile Scrum methods and techniques: User Stories, Backlog Grooming, Planning, Agile Games.
- Experience with Agile planning tools such as Rally, JIRA, ServiceNow, TFS, etc. is preferred
- Scrum Master Certification and/or Certified Scrum Product Owner is preferred
- Proven ability to multitask, and effectively manage/prioritize time across competing activities/resources
- Strong verbal/written communication skills with the ability to distill meaningful and accurate information from potentially ambiguous business descriptions
- Prior technical experience with Salesforce, Yardi Voyager, PeopleSoft, AWS, Oracle, Denodo, Outsystems, Snowflake, is a plus
- Experience working with a global company is a plus
- Experience working with sales operations, marketing, customer experience initiatives is a plus
- Interface design experience is a plus
- Change management experience is a plus
- Results Driven (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, Taking Ownership) Team Leadership (Coaching Others, Dealing with Stress, Demonstrating Teamwork, Influencing Others, Interacting with Others, Maintaining Composure, Motivating Others, Providing Direction and Leadership)
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.