We are seeking a Scrum Master who understands how the Scrum framework can enable agility within a team and is interested in establishing a robust Agile practice and mindset in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. We are looking for a motivated individual that has the experience and overall aptitude in the areas listed below.
- Facilitate and lead Agile ceremonies with the goal of delivering customer value and fostering continuous improvement amongst the team and the department
- Promote communication and collaboration to build consensus for achievement
- Identify and help remove impediments / distractions that interfere with the team’s ability to deliver the sprint goal
- Understand and be able to articulate strategic and product plan goals and progress towards them
- Supports Product Owner ensuring the product backlog is properly refined – prioritizing to maximize value and using creative techniques for elaborating user stories to be ready for the upcoming 1-2 sprints.
- Assisting and supporting the Product Owner and Team to continually improve the business value delivered
- Empower teams and facilitate creativity while guarding quality and monitoring progress
- Provide team with resources, information, communication, and practical advice to enable the team to regularly deliver working software, systems and capabilities to customers
- Support team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Ensure team understands the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items and achieves this through techniques such as user story mapping and definition of ready / done.
- Proactively manage cross-team dependencies
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to achieve the desired mindset
- Enforces the values and principles of Agile by focusing on continuous learning and feedback loops
- Have an undergraduate degree in areas related to Management Information Systems or Business Administration.
- CSM, CSP, and/or PMP desired
- Have at least 3-5 years previous agile / scrum project management experience within a software development environment.
- Solid understanding in software development lifecycle, configuration and change control management
- Strong organizational and cross-team communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Proven track record of establishing team velocity to facilitate accurate estimations