We are looking for a Scrum Master who will strategically identify and implement appropriate Lean & Agile processes and lead Agile Ceremonies and identify and escalate impediments. CSG is developing a next-generation solution to enable our clients to deliver an unparalleled customer journey across digital, voice, and print channels. If building a cloud-based platform to enable futuristic customer experiences is your passion, this position is for you. We need your technical vision and expertise to realize our goals.
The Scrum Master has primary responsibility for facilitating highly collaborative teams organized around delivering features to support critical business solutions. They act in a servant leadership role for an Agile team(s) focused on scheduling and facilitation of Agile Ceremonies. They are responsible for the identification, escalation, and removal of Team and Enterprise impediments and for establishing and maintaining team workflow. As a Scrum Master, you are responsible to guide the consistent application of Scrum and Kanban practices throughout the WFX Engineering team. Scrum Master will also be responsible to track, measure and report Team progress based on best practices, determining and implementing the ideal Agile practice(s) for a specific team by pulling from a breadth of Agile techniques including Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, and SAFe. Partner with Leadership to establish a vision and maintain alignment with the WFX Product Releases and Roadmap. Demonstrate expertise at Agile practices on the team, program and portfolio levels. Tactically lead Daily Stand Up, Post-Stand Up, Sprint Design, Demo and Retrospectives. Partner with the Product Owner and Release Train Engineer in Release Planning, Grooming, Pre-Sprint Planning and Scrum of Scrums and the following:
- Guide and coach the teams on Scrum and Agile practices consistent with team standards and helping them achieve their commitments and objectives day to day, sprint-to-sprint
- Own coaching our team to improve in velocity and Sprint success
- Anticipate challenges, identify risks and recommend mitigations and solutions. Own and drive those solutions
- Facilitate and organize Scrum ceremonies – help the team focus on goals, self-organize to achieve objectives, and ensure they fully understand the objectives and commitments
- Lead continuous improvement efforts with teams by implementing take-aways from retrospectives and implementing concrete solutions to make the teams more efficient and improve delivery success
- Work with product owners and others to ensure they are well engaged with the team and part of the regular feedback loop
- Organize and conduct meetings then document decisions and actions to move the project forward
- Minimum 5 years professional experience with Scrum & Kanban Teams in the software development environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years’ experience with a technology company
- Experience with Agile and Lean principles to continuously evaluate team workflows and make improvement recommendations.
- Experience handling a geo-dispersed agile team
- Knowledge and experience of using tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience working in larger scale Agile environments and leveraging SAFe
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- SAFe Practitioner certification from the Scaled Agile Academy is a plus
- Certified Scrum Master or Agile certification required
- Experience leading development teams as a manager or team lead
- Software development knowledge in software development methodologies/processes, design, implementation, and documentation.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and experience with Stakeholder management
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and experience level of the Agile roles, artifacts, and ceremonies of Scrum.
- Highly developed analytical problem-solving skills in choosing effective solutions to aid the team in removing impediments
- Demonstrates effective communication. Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs. Listens and is responsive to others. Is transparent with everyone. Provides and is receptive to feedback. Utilizes skills of Crucial Conversations. Encourages open discussions. Keep everyone “in the loop’ and communicates through appropriate channels.
- Clear understanding and emphasis on customer-centered usability and design
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Be able to track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects