What you'll do
Billtrust is seeking a Scrum Master to coach and facilitate the Scrum process for a group of high-performing teams in our Denver office. You are engaged and possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster great collaboration with teams. You will be a steward and custodian of the Scrum process, possess a servant-leader style, and be willing to roll up your sleeves to support the team to ensure that objectives are achieved. This is an exciting, fast-moving environment that requires a Scrum Master with passion for improving high-performing teams and delivering valuable products for our customers.
- Support Agile thinking as the norm and help foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Cultivate trust through personal and team relationships with a team of experienced Product Owners
- Enforce a culture of stop-and-fix to protect the Dev team’s reputation for excellence in engineering
- Ensure Agile concepts and principles are adhered to, be a voice of reason, and make the tough calls in demanding situations
What you'll bring to the team
- 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, product-centric environment
- Ability to work with technical teams using Continuous Delivery practices, such as integrating continuously (CI), TDD, ATDD, BDD, Pairing and Mobbing
- Deep knowledge of XP, Kanban and Scrum
- Strong release planning skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Agile teachings, approaches and behaviors, with the ability to help teams as well as the wider organization to address dysfunctions that may result teams misinterpreting, ignoring or rejecting Agile values and principles
- While recognized certifications from the ScrumAlliance (Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, Certified Agile Coach, etc.) are valuable, more value is placed on the diversity of coaching experiences that can be demonstrated using enterprise software development examples
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a distributed, team-oriented environment
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), B2B, online payments, software or product-centric business strongly preferred
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or similar (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday," we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located just east of downtown Denver several miles from the Denver International Airport.
Who we are
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.