Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As aScrum Master on the Healthgrades web engineering team, you will serve as a subject matter expert on the Scrum framework, Scrum values and Agile methodologies for our internal and external stakeholders.
You will work closely with Product Managers and Development Teams to facilitate discussions, advise on leading practices, adequately define specifications and oversee the development and adoption of our Healthgrades.com site. As we embark on solving new problems for consumers looking for healthcare, we will need a driver such as yourself to be a key contributor on this exciting challenge.
What You Will Do:
- Perform traditional Scrum Master duties that include organizing and facilitating daily scrum, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related events
- Track and communicate team velocity, throughput, and sprint/release progress
- Work with Technical Leads and Product Managers to refine the product backlog, increasing its effectiveness
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Identify and remove impediments; prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal; facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
What You Will Bring:
- Scrum Master Certification with 2-5 years of Scrum Master experience
- In-depth knowledge of agile practices and the ability to determine when to deploy Kanban, Scrum, etc.
- Knowledge of agile excellence topics such as Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration
- Proficiency in using Atlassian suite of tools – JIRA
- Leadership qualities that enable the ability to influence without authority and negotiate
- Highly adaptable to changing environment and priorities
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse and geographically dispersed teams
- Ability to coach teams to reach their highest potential
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and able to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and energetic work environment while setting the stage for continued success.
- Meaningful Work – helping Americans connect with their healthcare providers
- Changing the Game – evolving culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders – partnering with local charity and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, inclusive healthcare coverage, entertainment discounts and more!