Scrum Master at Convercent by OneTrust
As the Scrum Master you are a servant, leader, and coach. You will support, teach, facilitate, and nurture Agile processes and team agreements for Scrum teams within R&D to ensure effective outcomes for the company and the delivery of value to our customers.
You will facilitate events, ceremonies, and custom sessions that assist the company and team in delivering on quarterly and annual objectives. The Scrum Master will work across stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive continuous improvement across all of R&D.
- Lead change initiatives through consensus building and collaboration, with a focus on building self-organized teams
- Lead the team and organization to adopt, apply, and implement Agile principles and practices
- Guide teams in understanding how to estimate features/epics/stories and techniques to improve and align delivery and release schedules
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving and moving the team / organization forward
- Facilitates team retrospectives, including teaching problem-solving techniques that help the teams become better problem-solvers for themselves, fostering relentless improvement
- Facilitate team discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution
- Remove impediments and/or guide the team to remove impediments, by finding the right team members in the organization to remove obstacles
- Assess Agile Scrum maturity across teams and organization, coaching teams to higher levels of maturity and improved capabilities in a sustainable fashion
- Help develop, define and document processes, along with the supporting organizational enablement / training
- Provide support for Release Planning including helping to facilitate teams in preparation and execution, along with preparation and delivery of the event itself
- Coaching the Team to ensure the product backlog is refined to satisfy team agreements and support creation of product roadmaps and feature prioritization through process design and tooling
- Help teams navigate Agile tools and software, specifically Jira
- Manage and optimize the flow of value using communication, metrics and information radiators
- Make impediments visible and measure the impact of those impediments to aid in metric driven decision-making
- Helps protect the team from scope creep and assist in identification/communication with management and stakeholders around accepted increase in scope and associated trade-offs
- Provide input and help guide the vision and direction for the Agile Roadmap / transformation
- A servant, leader, and coach who inspires Scrum Teams to be productive and motivated ensuring we are striving toward shared goals.
- An Agile evangelist who is able to operate across multiple stakeholders within Convercent by OneTrust
- Focused on driving continuous improvement, leveraging radiation of information across a global organization, facilitation of discussions to break down barriers, drive resolution of conflicts, and identify alternative approaches to solve problems
- Passionate about building high-performing teams as well as respecting what everyone brings to the team
- Someone that appreciates the value of verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills that allows you to effectively communicate with and present to a variety of stakeholders
- Solid ability to leverage dashboards and metrics; ability to analyze data and communicate it in a way that tells a story
Your Experience Includes
- 2 - 5 years of experience working as a Scrum Master
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, SAFe SM or PSM I)
- Excellent situational awareness and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to develop processes and effectively communicate recommendations to leadership
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong negotiations skills to manage priorities and scope
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Extreme adoration of post-it notes, sharpies and whiteboards
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP or PSM II)
- Previous experience playing the Scrum Master role within a SaaS software development team that is applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches and scaling frameworks: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, Scrum at Scale, Scaled Agile Framework,etc.
- Experience in JIRA workflow and/or administration
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range provided here is just that—a range! The offer that is ultimately extended is based on level of experience, skillset, certifications and education.
- Compensation: $79,000-$95,000 base salary plus annual bonus
- This position includes unlimited time off, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), monthly tech stipend, 401(k) match, and company-paid sabbatical at five years of service.
Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard—and expectations—for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Why are we asking you for this information? We are committed to be a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you choose to fill out these demographic questions, your response will help us identify how we can improve our hiring process to support a more diverse workplace is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Hiring from a wide variety of backgrounds is important to us, because our customers and their employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Individuals seeking employment at Convercent are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation