Scrum Lead/Scrum Master at Convercent
As the Scrum Lead you are a servant leader and coach. You will support, teach, facilitate, and nurture Agile process and other team agreements for Scrum teams within R&D to ensure effective outcomes for the company.
In addition, you will serve as steward of Agile methodologies across Convercent and help train the company on those methodologies. You will facilitate events, ceremonies and custom sessions that assist the company in delivering value. The Scrum Lead will work across stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk and drive continued improvement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead change initiatives through consensus building and collaboration, with a focus on building self-organized teams
- Lead the team and organization to adopt, apply, and implement Agile principles and practices
- Guides the team in understanding how to estimate features and techniques to improve and align delivery schedules
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving and moving the team / organization forward
- Facilitates team retrospectives, including teaching problem-solving techniques that help the team(s) become better problem-solvers for themselves
- Facilitate team discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Remove impediments and/or guide the team to remove impediments, by finding the right team members in the organization to remove obstacles
- Assess Agile Scrum maturity across teams and organization, coaching team(s) to higher levels of maturity in a sustainable fashion
- Help develop, define and document processes, along with the supporting organizational enablement / training
- Provide support for Product Delivery System (PDS), including facilitating quarterly planning process to reach quarterly commits on behalf of R&D
- Coaching the Team to ensure the product backlog is groomed to satisfy team agreements, to support creation of product roadmaps and feature prioritization through process design and tooling
- Help teams navigate Agile tools and software, specifically Jira
- Manage and optimize the flow of value using communication, metrics and information radiators
- Make impediments visible and measure the impact of the impediments to aide in metric driven decision making
- Helps protect the team from uncontrolled scope growth and assists in identification/communication with management and stakeholders around accepted scope growth.
- Provide input and help guide the vision and direction for the Agile Office
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience working as a Scrum Master
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM)
- Excellent situational awareness and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to develop processes and effectively communicate recommendations to leadership
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong negotiations skills to manage priorities and scope
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Extreme adoration of post-it notes, sharpies and whiteboards
What Will Set You Apart:
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least five years for a software development team that is applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Previous experience as a team lead in any capacity
- Experience in JIRA workflow and/or administration
Robust. Agile. Collaborative. And you should see our software. Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts and mitigating risk. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard--and expectations--for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
Convercent is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.