Sales Trainer at Xactly Corp
Job Title: Sales Trainer
Position Type: Full-time
Position Level: Mid-Level
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As the Sales Trainer at Xactly Corporation, you will leverage your SaaS sales and/or training experience to create world-class curriculums, bringing business and sales acumen to our Sales and Marketing Departments. While we have a strong foundation established, we are looking for someone to expand upon our already existing content and programs, teaching us a thing or two we don't already know. You will manage the programs for many customer-facing sales and support functions, including training and onboarding. You will handle multiple engagements with the ability to continually prioritize projects as needs of the business shift. Additionally, you will be responsible for implementing your strong presentation skills, the ability to partner with and meet the different needs of internal teams, and have an excitement around developing plans to create success. Collaborating cross-functionally with multiple Executives and departments, you will be responsible for creating and implementing onboarding and ongoing training programs, playbooks, demos and more.
Xactly's Sales Enablement team is a tight-knit and growing team, looking to expand and add individuals with diverse backgrounds and creative thinking. Our team's goal is to increase sales effectiveness by reducing onboarding time from hire to full productivity while executing on continuous sales education programs that drive revenue and performance, and we don't take that responsibility lightly. We take our role seriously, but we have a lot of fun along the way!
THE SKILL SET:
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced training or additional degrees welcome
- 2+ years of Sales and/or Training/Enablement experience; SaaS experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of Adult Learning and Development concepts and hands-on experience with LMS tools and processes (Brainshark, Cornerstone, etc) a strong plus
- Proactive, creative, entrepreneurial and results-oriented
- Comfortable presenting to an audience and engaging with cross-functional teams and executive management
- Able to prioritize requests based on importance and timing for key enablement delivery events, such as Sales Kickoff Meetings, Quarterly Operations reviews, Board Meetings, and more
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Get your bearings and begin to build a strong foundation, upon which to grow
- Complete hands-on training to gain a foundational understanding in products, sales process, and the departments that make up Xactly
- Meet with key leaders within the Sales, Marketing and Product Departments, learning about all facets of the business and setting you up for success in month two
- Complete training via Xactly University, our sales coaching, and training software, in its current format. Take lots of notes and tell us how we can improve!
- Learn our current strategy for collecting and curating a collective library of existing documentation, records, and training materials across all segments, while formulating opportunities to improve the process
- Complete sales demo certification by end of your first month
- Shadow one rep from each segment to learn Xactly's value prop, common objections and selling style; identify training areas and opportunities for yourself to implement in month 2 and beyond
- Dig into the Sales Bootcamp curriculum and ride along existing sessions, if available
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Have a strong understanding of the business, and begin teaching us a thing or two we don't know
- Take ownership of the Sales Bootcamp and continuing education training facilitation, and present your proposal for improvements or changes
- Team with the sales leaders to learn our current approach, and work with them to identify opportunities for improvement and support
- Organize all existing content, training, and documentation into the collective library you presented in Month 1; train the sales team on how to use it to get what they need
- Meet 1:1 with all sales leaders and at least 25% of the individual contributors on the team; produce your first draft of an inventory of the existing team's strengths, as well as recommended training focus areas
- Schedule weekly role plays and monthly team trainings. Understand our existing certifications and propose changes as necessary to ensure they align with our career development goals for the team. Based on findings from weekly role plays and team meetings, create and facilitate (with managers) the appropriate training to improve reps' success
- Become a liaison for SDRs, Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to collaborate with and create content for trainings; meet monthly with marketing leadership and discuss alignment while correcting for any areas of low performance
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Begin to implement the vision for change/impact that you have been developing over the past 6-months
- Complete sales interviewer training and partner with the sales recruiting team to understand our hiring process; interview at least 10 SDR and/or AE candidates
- Collaborate with sales leadership on the sales quarterly kickoff/QBR and/or annual SKO; outline your training roadmap and areas of opportunity for our reps
- Make recommendations for SKO training topics, and assist in building and delivering the content
- Communicate, and train the management team on how to leverage Inspire and create ongoing development learning paths for AEs
- Create and refresh existing content and collateral to align with current state of business
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- At 12-months, you will be seen as a well-versed, trusted business-advisor and expert, making a significant positive impact company-wide
- Review your training plan and identify three areas of improvement based on rep productivity and feedback
- Have a complete understanding of each sales function; use this information to develop people for future career moves within the sales org
- Review your first year with the SVP of Sales: what went well? What would you change?
- Identify further personal education opportunities to increase your business and instructional acumen
- Have made a noticeable impact on revenue and bookings within the organization
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.